First few days

cki2011

HI all

We arrived in Perth at 19.30 after a very good flight via Dubai.... We went to collect the hire car at Europcar which we pre booked for the 4 weeks at a cost of $1.400 to be told with the airport tax and compulsory excess on the insurance it now came to $6,700 after an hour of the lady not knowing what she was doing and couldn't use the computer too well even though she was very nice we declined and got a cab to the house we have rented.... On arrival we had a good check around for crawlies and found what we now know to be a white tip tail spider coming out of the air con unit. We have been for a dip in the Indian Ocean and had a few meals, travelled by bus and done some shopping in the Rockingham shopping Center.... We have been comparing prices to the uk pound and if you allow for the shall we say not too good exchange rate I am pleasantly surprised that it doesn't seam that expensive at all and when we start to earn dollars I can see we will be fine and it will all work out.... We have met a few people at the beach who have been very pleasant and we got on great with them who offered to help us with things to help us settle and our first impression of Rockingham is very good.... We know it is early days and just a validation trip but at this early stage we can see why so many people love it here and stay.... We face timed home last night for the kids to see their nan and realised yes it is a long way from home but with today's technology it won't be a problem.... We are told it will be over 40 degrees this weekend so we are looking forward to that.... We have had all sorts of things in our heads after reading comments on here of different opinions and dare we say it on the whole first impressions are very good and now we know the only way to know for sure what It is like is to come out and make your own mind up.... We have come out with an open mind and are looking forward to the next 25 days....

Whooooooo

Its all sounding good, glad your enjoying it.

Perth really is a beautiful place with so much going on.

Its also nice to hear from people not falling into the "Perth is so expensive" trap

Keep us updated on how your finding things but most of all have a happy holiday, enjoy

There is a lot going on in Perth tonight. UWA has a pretty big light show on as it's 100 year anniversary. It's on Stirling Highway, heading out of town to Fremantle. Might be a bit tricky to get there but there are heaps of busses out that way. Would be well worth seeing I reckon, pity we've booked for a meal out or we'd be going ourselves.

Something else is happening in Perth tonight too, on the foreshore I think, something to do with Perth festival opening.

Glad you're enjoying it, Rockingham is a decent place, great being near a good beach isn't it.

Archived