Medicals Spire ?

phillys1980

Hi,

Has anyone used Spire for their medicals? I am looking at travelling to Manchester for my medicals from Newcastle Upon Tyne as this seems to be the closest. I have a family of four, myself my wife and our two children 10 + 6, what would be the costs of the medicals?

I am trying to get the medicals done before my CO is assigned as I have a job lined up in Oz but I am a bit weary that if it takes too long the job may go to someone else, I recieved my invite and will submit my form on 9/2/13, hopefully will have a CO within 7 weeks and would like to have medicals and police checks ready.

I presume this is the best way for me too get to Oz sooner rather than later, if anyone has any comments or advise it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

PHIL

Hi Phil

i have used Spire in Manchester but I didn't use them for Medicals I used them for chest X-ray, they seem pretty good and they have very nice lady in the Austrailian visa department, she seems to have her finger on the pulse no pun intended, my X-ray was done and uploaded in pretty good time.

good luck with the move mate.

We had ours done at Spire Manchester. 2 adults, 3 kids cost just over £1000. Very efficient, good with the kids. Make sure you remember your glasses/lenses for the eyesight test. My OH nearly failed hers! Admin lady very good- we had to submit further meds and she got it all uploaded no problem. All the best!

Another one for Dr Million and his staff at Bridgewater here. I have an extreme phobia of hospitals and I cannot thank Dr Million and his staff for getting me through the meds with the minimum of fuss. They really know how to look after you there and I have no hesitation in recommending them. The cost per adult was £260 inclusive.

Guest GeorgeD
Hi,

Has anyone used Spire for their medicals? I am looking at travelling to Manchester for my medicals from Newcastle Upon Tyne as this seems to be the closest.

The Spire Hospital in Edinburgh is probably about 50 miles closer to Newcastle than Manchester. It's near the top of the A1, right on the outskirts of the city, so easy to drive to...call them for a quote, they will tell you over the phone how much it will cost.

Ditto +1 for Dr Million at the Bridgewater. Not a fan of needles myself and was amazed when they managed to take the bloods with zero pain in under 5 seconds. Last time i had bloods taken was through the NHS and I think the nurse had a fondness for taking out her frustrations by stabbing the patients repeatedly......

Archived