Body Language

Bromney

Do you think you're able to read body language well? I thought I understood the basics from various TV programs and magazine articles but I'm now questioning how much I actually know. I thought I'd read a situation really well yesterday and was convinced how something would pan out, I was way wrong.

Have you read a body language wrong and what's been the end result? Misunderstandings? A comedy moment? Maybe going in the for first kiss but getting slapped?! :wacko:

It can be a bit tricky at times. Not just from a male/female perspective, but also socially with friends I find it hard. I have some friends who have known each other for longer than I have known them, but one of those friends I am very close to, and when we are together as a group, I find it difficult to know whether I should do the cheek kiss thing, or a hug or give them a good, firm British handshake!

My little girl has Aspergers syndrome, which means that she can't read body language or facial expressions. Last year was heartbreaking, watching her be bullied by a girl who she thought was a friend, who was laughing at her in a bully way, where our daughter thought she was laughing with her in a friend way.

I think I can yes....I think i'm quite observant, normally I don't say anything about it tho. Like if someones pretending to be happy when they're not or pretending to be fine when they're scared etc... Only gotta look someone in the eyes to know really! Not that i'm an expect now lol I just pick up on stuff. you'd think it'd be easier the better you know a person but not always the case.

I'm a very anxious person in social situations, so I read body language and vocal tones very closely so I can gauge where to laugh/tell a joke/ etc. and feel like I can tell who's being genuine or not from their smiles, gestures, and such.

Archived