TRA Employment statment help!!!

Ozpom82

Can some please help!!

I know I need to supply employment statements when getting my skills assessed by TRA, but do you need to supply statements for all employment history?

I served an apprenticeship in maintenance engineering: during this period I worked at company A for 5 years.

I then left this company, and worked at two other compaies over the following year, before returning to company A. I have now been back at company A for a further 5 years.

does anyone know if I can just have my employer write a statement covering both the first 5 years and the second 5 years, and this would be acceptable for the employment statements or would I also need to mention the missing 12 months.

as I think it would be difficult getting references that cover the full points, when I only worked at both companies for 6 months each.

do you guys think I should just right a decleration statement covering this period?

thanks

ozpom82

You need to cover 8 out of the last 10 years for your immigration points. For TRA you should be ok but email them to ask, you may need to do a statutory declaration if you can't get hold of the two employers in the void.

I had two spells with the same employer adding up to 7 years, with a 5 year gap between them. I had one letter from them to cover both periods of employment with all start and finish dates included.

Can some please help!!

I know I need to supply employment statements when getting my skills assessed by TRA, but do you need to supply statements for all employment history?

I served an apprenticeship in maintenance engineering: during this period I worked at company A for 5 years.

I then left this company, and worked at two other compaies over the following year, before returning to company A. I have now been back at company A for a further 5 years.

does anyone know if I can just have my employer write a statement covering both the first 5 years and the second 5 years, and this would be acceptable for the employment statements or would I also need to mention the missing 12 months.

as I think it would be difficult getting references that cover the full points, when I only worked at both companies for 6 months each.

do you guys think I should just right a decleration statement covering this period?

thanks

ozpom82

Hi,

Even though you have sufficient experiance, your employer can give you statements for only the period when you worked for him. there are chances you may get query from TRA regarding the break period. I feel it is better to give a self explanation letter mentioning company name, period of work, designation, nature of work etc.... and the reason why you could not get a statement from them. I feel it is the normal procedure when one dont have experiance certificate.

Please anyone correct me if I am wrong.

cheers.

Hi thanks for your replys,

I have emailed TRA to see what they say, but I haven't had a reply yet.

I think I will just give an emplaination letter, unless anyone else have any other suggestions...

cheers

There are new rules about this on the TRA website.

Archived