slowly hitting home......we're only bloody doing it!!

bennyblueboy

Well guys,since we got our VISAS three weeks ago it's been a whirlwind!!! after months of talking about it,dreaming about it,stressing about it.........we're finally doing it!!!!!! it's been mental the last few weeks,so much stuff we have had to sort out but I think we are nearly ready! flights booked for the 19th of Feb,accommodation booked,car hire booked,Australian bank accounts open,shipping went last monday......and even booked the leaving party!!! wow! all in the space of three weeks! Sat down tonight knowing everything is sorted and thought...........fookin he'll we're only bloody doing it! can't wait poms!:biggrin::jiggy::biglaugh::wub:

That's great news mate , where you flying to ? I've read some of your posts , I'm a carpenter as well looking to book a date for my skills test soon . Did you ship your tools out or you buying new out there ? I don't know what to do as I'm going to rent my house out here and leaving the furniture so won't really need to ship anything big , trying to find out cost of shipping tools or buying new when I'm there ?

Well guys,since we got our VISAS three weeks ago it's been a whirlwind!!! after months of talking about it,dreaming about it,stressing about it.........we're finally doing it!!!!!! it's been mental the last few weeks,so much stuff we have had to sort out but I think we are nearly ready! flights booked for the 19th of Feb,accommodation booked,car hire booked,Australian bank accounts open,shipping went last monday......and even booked the leaving party!!! wow! all in the space of three weeks! Sat down tonight knowing everything is sorted and thought...........fookin he'll we're only bloody doing it! can't wait poms!:biggrin::jiggy::biglaugh::wub:

sounds like you have it all sorted.... We fly on the 5th Feb to Perth for a month and can't wait.... Good luck I hope it all works out....

Know exactly how you feel! We fly on 4th February to start our new life in oz.

Do much to do in such a short space of time. We've got lists of 'things to do' coming out of our ears!

Oooh we fly to Melbourne on the 4th too....we will be the ones looking stressed with a 2.5 year old :)

That's great news mate , where you flying to ? I've read some of your posts , I'm a carpenter as well looking to book a date for my skills test soon . Did you ship your tools out or you buying new out there ? I don't know what to do as I'm going to rent my house out here and leaving the furniture so won't really need to ship anything big , trying to find out cost of shipping tools or buying new when I'm there ?

Hey Sam,thanks. We're flying to Perth in three weeks. I shipped all my tools out last Monday along with a few other bits. We went with seven seas move cube which were really good and reasonable. We had there biggest cube which was about £900, but if your just shipping tools I think the small one would do which would be about £450. Have you gone through vetassess for your skills? If you need to know anything give me a shout! Cheers

Well done with getting your visas and sorting everything so fast.

May I just ask, purely out of curiosity, have you got work or family to go to?

Well done with getting your visas and sorting everything so fast.

May I just ask, purely out of curiosity, have you got work or family to go to?

Hey gbuss, no we don't have family but have got a couple of mates in Perth who are in the same trade as me, and have been there a few years already, so have plenty of contacts to put me in touch with. So hopefully that will open some doors!where are you heading?

I must say both me and the mrs are impressed with your 3 week turn around. We have Tassie SS and are just waiting to do our meds in Feb. All of our other documents are uploaded and we have a CO. We'd like to think that we'll be ready to go by sept, end of the year latest so we don't have to make a separate validating trip.

I'd love to have a job before we go but if push comes to shove then we'll go on a wing and a prayer!!

Hope everything goes well for you.

Cheers,

Gareth

Good on you Bennyblueboy and all the rest of you. Good luck, my stressing is only just starting but hopefully my day will come round !

Hey tayloal,thanks very much. All I can say is just hang in there and don't give up on your dream!This process will test your patience to the max and the waiting can be unbearable at times.but it all becomes worth while when you get that email saying the golden tickets have been granted!:biggrin:

Archived