Life has a funny sense of humour...

JonnoA

Hey all!

Just thought I'd pop on to unleash another load of verbal rhetoric that helps clear my mind!

So, I accepted a job in November and was told the visa would be sorted by mid December. It's end of Jan now and just found out it will be approved tomorrow (wed).

Great, right? Wrong...

Ive been single for about a year and made the decision to move over easier, plus most of my mates have moved to NYC, Canada, Aus or other better climes! However I met someone (way out of my league!) in November and have been seeing them on and off...though it just became kinda serious in the past 2 weeks. She knows about Aus etc, but now it's real it doesn't feel like as amazing a choice as it was a month or two ago!

She's the kinda girl who clicks , if anyone knows what I mean by that...more than the average gf or casual romance. She's said she'd love to go out there but not at the moment as her career is just taking off, but I guess it's too far to keep anything alive...

Just my luck :P and yeah, life does have a quirky sense of humour...

Just my 2 cents flooding out onto the table, cheers for listening

Hey all cheers for the comments

Celt, sorry, not Murphy here!

Newjez, job wasn't hard to find, they approached me on LinkedIn, but it's a good role with lots of potential to build a new division in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Singers, Hong Kong and Dubai...

I need to resign and work out a compromise with my current business (am a junior Partner)...so may have another couple of months here to see what happens. The job wouldn't be hard to ifnd, but the business would...they are large, stable, great infrastructure and offering an exceptional expenses budget ;)

Melza, no, it's not love...we've been seeing each other casually since November but it's just recently gotten more serious and these ones don't come along that much (genuinely fun to be around, makes you feel like an achiever etc!)

She's said she'd consider moving for career purposes over, but probably couldn't be for a year

Visa 457

Was just having a moment of rhetoric but thanks for reading!

Archived