Shipping Dog's things

MnEmCathcart

Hi there,

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere. Just planning our packing and was wondering if I'm allowed to ship some of my dogs toys? They've ever been out of the house but obviously don't look too clean and new as he likes to carry them round with him all the time. Am I allowed to bring these (he knows them all by name and has favourites) or do I just need to buy him new ones when we arrive? Also am I allowed to buy new ones here and send them on the outside of his crate for when he arrives?

Thanks so much!

Emma

Hi Emma, this made me smile because it is just the sort of question I would ask :biggrin:

We got our dogs after we arrived so did not need to ship them over, sorry cannot help with any of that.

however there are plenty of people who have shipped over their fur babies who will be along to help out soon, I am sure.

I would think that you could send some over with him in his crate?

will be interesting to hear the answers to this one, great question.

Good luck with your move :wubclub:

Hi there,

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere. Just planning our packing and was wondering if I'm allowed to ship some of my dogs toys? They've ever been out of the house but obviously don't look too clean and new as he likes to carry them round with him all the time. Am I allowed to bring these (he knows them all by name and has favourites) or do I just need to buy him new ones when we arrive? Also am I allowed to buy new ones here and send them on the outside of his crate for when he arrives?

Thanks so much!

Emma

We shipped a dog many years ago and we were allowed nothing in his crate in case he chocked mid flight

AQUIS are very picky and I think might look at old items and query where they had been ie had they been on a farm etc

I am sure someone on the site might give you a full answer

Hi, we shipped 2 dogs 7months ago, if they have favourite toys you are better off putting them in your case rather then in your furniture crate because of customs, also you can attach to their crate but you have the chance of losing it, nothing is allowed in the crate, we were surprised that once in quarantine here we sent a couple of new toys and they were given to us at the end of the 30 days, good luck if you have any questions about any of it I wold be happy to help, I also brought a cat too

Thanks for all your replies.

Didn't think I'd be able to put anything in his box but do things sent with the crate on the outside ever make it to the end with the dog? I've thought about putting one in my suitcase, may have to be the way forward and just but a few replacements over there. Do you think it would be ok to put a clean rope tog tugger in the container? How about brand new toys? His used ones just look a bit used as they've been carried around in his mouth but no mud etc...don't want it to draw extra attention to the container though!!

So many concerns all for the doggie!!

Hi as far as i can remember no balls or toys are allowed in the dog's crates to travel, as they will be a choking hazard!! We shipped all bedding and bowls and rope toys etc, mind you i did take two of our boys tennis balls with me in hand luggage lol x

We accidentally shipped a bag full of grotty tennis balls and dog-toys that were supposed to go to the local rescue centre - the packers were too quick for me!! They got through ok, but I wouldn't rely on that being the case! We bought her a new bed in Oz though :)

When we went to visit Satch in quarantine (spotswood) they had her blanket from the crate on her bed (I assume they'd washed it), but one of her favourite toys I took in my luggage and brought it to her when I visited :)

Did the bag of grotty toys get declared on the container inventory? I think I'll try take a few in my suitcase and send the clean ones in the container and maybe send another one to his dog walker at the quarantine that doesn't matter so much if it gets lost. Thanks for all your help everyone.

JoandJon, I guess that's your dog in the photo, Satch the lab, she's lovely. How does she cope with the heat? My boy's a black lab and I'm worried about the heat. He lives to swim over here too and I'm not sure there'll be so much of that in Oz..was she ok in quarantine? Which did you use? It's getting closer now and I'm getting fretty!!

Emma

lol, we'd declared dog stuff b/c of other bits we'd included, but the grotty bag was amongst other stuff in a box!

And yep that's Satch - she loves it here!! Not too keen on the stinking hot days - but she copes ok. Theres a few dog friendly beaches around here which are brilliant, plus parks etc etc.

She wasn't brilliant in quarantine, (I was worse tho!) but she's a bit special on occasion anyway - and they did their best for her :) We used Spotswood (Melbourne)

Finlay's going to Melbourne too - we're moving to Adelaide so closest one and I'e heard good reviews for it. It's a long journey over though isn't it! I think I'm just as concerned about the journey as the quarantine!! Lots of vetbeds to soak up the accidents I think. I think a familiar toy will def help when he gets there. We're arriving ahead of him so should be able to find somewhere to buy them before he arrives too. My spoilt dog!!! Glad Satch has adapted, I guess labs are good at that!!

Archived