New to PIO

Karlewi

Hi there, we have been reading all your threads for the last few weeks and thought it was about time we joined you. We are, hopefully, at the final stages of gaining our Business 163 Visa. We have got our X rays next week and our medicals after that, then fingers crossed, we just have to wait and see.

We submitted a business plan to the SBDC in Perth last summer and have got Govt sponsorship. Our application went in on the 9 November. We got a request for further information at the beginning of December and then a request for our Police Checks and Medicals at the beginning of January. Our Police checks came back in a week, so now its all down to our medicals.

We have seen there is an Essex Meet on the 9 March which is only about 4 miles from here so we look forward to seeing some of you on that day.

My 18 year old son and I have been to Perth 5 times since 2000 and my husband has been at least 10 times !! We are so looking forward to going back for good. (oh + plus the dogs and the cat !!!!).

Karen, Mick & Lewis x :yes:

Welcome to PIO! We are a long way behind you, but this is a great site for loads of info about Oz. We've never been (yet!) and Perth looked great to us but hoping to head to Melbourne for the IT jobs.

Hope you don't have too long a wait now for those visas!

Thank you for your 'welcomes'. I have spent hours on the site and feel I know so many people already. We certainly have learned a lot by reading through all the threads and I look forward to many more hours of reading.

One of the questions I've got that maybe somebody could help with is the number of dogs you are allowed. My understanding is that you can have two in WA, any more your need permission. Has anybody gone through that process?

We have three, two Beagles and a Border Collie. I've been breeding Beagles for years and have even had one at Crufts. I intend to get our bitch (Cyder) spayed before we come as she is just coming up to 8 and therefore will be too old to have any more litters, the other is her son (Barney) a 6 year old, both him and our Border Collie (Skye) have had their rear wheels off !!! I couldn't bear to be parted from any of them.

Karen

Hiya welcome to poms in oz ,,im no expert on Perth but im sure you will be able to apply for a licence to keep more dogs,the only downside i can think of is you may take a bit longer to secure a rental with 3 dogs especially if they are inside dogs,,hope this helps

Cal x

You are all just so lovely.

Thanks Cal, I did think about rental, but hopefully we can persuade some of our friends out there to temporarily adopt at least one if not two of them. Luckily for us they do not have the free run of our house here, so are used to not being able to go into certain rooms or upstairs to the bedrooms. We hope to be able to buy a property relatively quickly, but that depends on the market at that time, I think it has helped having gone out there a number of times, we have a good idea where we would like to live. It will be worth it in the end I'm sure, even the cost of getting our four legged friends there.

KP Nuts - I see your medicals are booked the day after ours. Good luck with them too. We are off to Stansted. I cannot say I'm looking forward to it.

Karen x

Guest KP Nuts
You are all just so lovely.

KP Nuts - I see your medicals are booked the day after ours. Good luck with them too. We are off to Stansted. I cannot say I'm looking forward to it.

Karen x

No, i'm not either Karen, if your going to Stansted to have yours done, are you from Essex? if so, are you coming to the Essex Meet on the 9th March at the Halfway House?

Good luck with your meds by the way.

KP Nuts

No, i'm not either Karen, if your going to Stansted to have yours done, are you from Essex? if so, are you coming to the Essex Meet on the 9th March at the Halfway House?

Good luck with your meds by the way.

KP Nuts

We have got it penciled in the diary to be there - we are only about 4 miles away from the Halfway House so it is really local for us. We are really looking forward to meeting many new friends that day. :jiggy:

Archived