Healthcare In Oz

Kelvin Charles

If you use a bulk bill doctor then you will not pay anything for the consultation. However you will pay for your prescriptions.

If you are treated in a Public Hospital you will not pay anything for your treatment.

Physiotherapy, dentists, psychologists and the like are not free if you visit them outside a public hospital

Thank you for your quick response.

If you use a bulk bill doctor then you will not pay anything for the consultation. However you will pay for your prescriptions.

If you are treated in a Public Hospital you will not pay anything for your treatment.

Physiotherapy, dentists, psychologists and the like are not free if you visit them outside a public hospital

Bulk bill doctors though are becoming rare. You should expect to probably pay. We pay about $30 a visit after the medicare refund.

While physio and things are free in hospital, they are not free if you are refered by a doctor.

Drugs can be expensive. I recently had some ear drops and cost about $100.

Thank You, Can I ask what the medicare refund is please?

Bulk bill doctors though are becoming rare. You should expect to probably pay. We pay about $30 a visit after the medicare refund.

While physio and things are free in hospital, they are not free if you are refered by a doctor.

Drugs can be expensive. I recently had some ear drops and cost about $100.

Thank You, Can I ask what the medicare refund is please?

Medicare contributes $36.30 towards the cost of you seeing the Dr. If the Dr bulk bills he claims the money from Medicare and there is no cost to you. More commonly the Dr will charge you around $70 for the appointment and it is up to you to claim the $36.60 Medicare refund - leaving you out of pocket for the amount remaining.

Medicare contributes $36.30 towards the cost of you seeing the Dr. If the Dr bulk bills he claims the money from Medicare and there is no cost to you. More commonly the Dr will charge you around $70 for the appointment and it is up to you to claim the $36.60 Medicare refund - leaving you out of pocket for the amount remaining.

Most places these days will do the Medicare refund there and then, providing you have registered your bank account eith Medicare - you don't have to claim back anything. My OH has been to the Drs a couple of times and the Medicare refund has hit our account before the charge for the Drs has been taken out.

Most places these days will do the Medicare refund there and then, providing you have registered your bank account eith Medicare - you don't have to claim back anything. My OH has been to the Drs a couple of times and the Medicare refund has hit our account before the charge for the Drs has been taken out.

thanks, you are totally correct. My point was badly worded. :)

Archived