Catastrophic Fire Warning - Illawarra/Shoalhaven & Southern Ranges NSW tomorrow 8 Jan

Freckleface

For those that might not be aware a Catastrophic fire warning has been issued on Tuesday 8 January for the Illawarra /Shoalhaven and southern ranges fire districts of NSW. Extreme to severe fire danges have been issued for most of the southern half of the state south from and including the Hunter, apart from the South West district.

http://blogs.abc.net.au/weatherman/2013/01/national-catastrophic-fire-dangers-in-parts-of-nsw-for-tuesday.html

Guest Ptp113

EPIC will be opened mid tomorrow morning to recieve horses from agistment including ours. I'll be out there all day me thinks (Stromlo Road).

Guest littlesarah

It's going to be a hot and potentially very dangerous day. I've decided that it's better to be over-prepared, and have loaded essentials into my car just in case, and will be off to work in the aircon (although my building's aircon wasn't working ).

For those in NSW, ABC local stations will be staying Statewide today, I believe, so we should all make sure we know what's going on and enact our Bushfire Survival Plan. Also, if you can, check on any older people who may live near you and get them medical help if they are unwell.

Stay safe, everyone,

This affects my house, i left this morning and went over to Dubbo as have some work to do there. The RFS sent a text to all mobiles last night in the area advising the level of risk and that it would be better to leave, my town has limited road access so even if the fire was not too bad you cant get in or out.

Thought it better to be safe, the latest says it could flare up again tonight, just heard that a fire man has been badly burnt near Goulburn.

This affects my house, i left this morning and went over to Dubbo as have some work to do there. The RFS sent a text to all mobiles last night in the area advising the level of risk and that it would be better to leave, my town has limited road access so even if the fire was not too bad you cant get in or out.

Thought it better to be safe, the latest says it could flare up again tonight, just heard that a fire man has been badly burnt near Goulburn.

I hadn't heard about the fireman near Goulburn - hope he will be OK. They do an amazing job and often travel a long way to help other communities. I remember when Canberra was hit with the firestorm in 2003 there were crews here for weeks from as far away as QLD.

Hope your place will be OK - stay safe.

Archived