Validation

poppops

Having a little panic... had our medicals back in July 12. Our visa states visa granted Aug12.. Am I right that we have a year to validate from date of medicals not date of grant?

How do they know when the medicals were done, do we need to take any docs with us part from the grant notifcation?

Many thanks

Your visa grant will state very clearly on it the exact date it must be validated by, the following is copied from my own visa grant:-

Initial entry date

Now that visas have been granted the visa holders must make their initial entry to Australia as

holders of a Class xx, subclass xxxx – visa description by no later than - dd mmmm yyyy.

The initial entry date cannot be extended and a visa may be cancelled if a visa holder does not

enter Australia by that date.

PS - My son's visa grant (issued more recently than my own) has a different wording but equally clear:

Visa validity and travelling to and from Australia

The following conditions are attached to the visa:

1. Name Name SURNAME must enter Australia before dd mmmm yyyy;

2. Name Name SURNAME must not marry before entering Australia (condition 8515);

Please note that a visa can be cancelled if the visa holder does not comply with a condition on the visa.

Mine isn't. In my visa grant letter there is a paragraph with the heading "initial entry date".

Mine says First Entry Date, after the Visa Condition bit - but we did have 8502 on ours??

Visa conditions

Your visa has been granted subject to the conditions outlined below. It is important that you

comply with these conditions. There may be serious consequences if you do not, including that

your visa may be cancelled and you may have to leave Australia. If you have any questions or

concerns about your visa conditions please contact any of the department’s offices for further

information.

- Page 3 -

First entry date

You must make your first entry to Australia before ** ********* ****. It is not possible to

change this date.

8502 - Must not enter Australia before specified person

The holder of the visa must not enter Australia before the entry to Australia of a person specified

in the visa.

Mine says First Entry Date, after the Visa Condition bit - but we did have 8502 on ours??

Visa conditions

Your visa has been granted subject to the conditions outlined below. It is important that you

comply with these conditions. There may be serious consequences if you do not, including that

your visa may be cancelled and you may have to leave Australia. If you have any questions or

concerns about your visa conditions please contact any of the department’s offices for further

information.

- Page 3 -

First entry date

You must make your first entry to Australia before ** ********* ****. It is not possible to

change this date.

8502 - Must not enter Australia before specified person

The holder of the visa must not enter Australia before the entry to Australia of a person specified

in the visa.

I didn't get the 8502 condition, perhaps it a different template in that case. Anyway for OP, it is certainly on there somewhere.

Archived