Canberra Centenary - Events throughout 2013

Freckleface

'istory an' kulcha.....my kind of thing

Might have to make a trip. Thanks

:-)

Funnily enough I thought about you when I was looking at the site because you had mentioned an interest in history.

If you haven't been to Canberra yet it is worth coming for a weekend - it's a nice city with great coffee :smile:

I've been meaning to go for ages and have an open invite to stay with a Uni friend who lives in Bungendore....caught up with hs family in Sydney a few times but not made the return journey yet. Will have to be quick though as we have a baby due in March so that will put the mockers on any weekends away fro a while :D

Edited by northshorepom
iPad autocorrect fail!

Guest Ptp113
I've been meaning to go for ages and have an open invite to stay with a Uni friend who lives in Bungendore....caught up with hs family in Sydney a few times but not made the return journey yet. Will have to be quick though as we have a baby due in March so that will put the mockers on any weekends away fro a while :D

Why a weekend when it's so close? We drive to Sydney and back after work for a race meeting without a problem.

Guest Ptp113
I guess if he wants to stay with a friend in Bungendore, and see Canberra....it needs more than a few hours.

Point taken. We look at the ACT as a Sydney suburb, people in Sydney think we are a day away. Different point of view.

I'm on the other side of Sydney....so it's a 7 hour round trip by car. I'm fine with doing 7 hours in a car in a day, done it and much more on scores of occasions. My family much less enamoured of it

Sure, I *could* do it. I would for work. For pleasure I'd prefer to catch up with friends and have some leisurely time to enjoy the city and maybe one or two of the events/exhibitions and make it a pleasant weekend rather than a heavy day.

The concerts at the botanical gardens start this Sat night.

They're great..we went to a practice one the other weekend, really good. Be pretty warm this weekend though...

The sport that's coming looks great....British Lions match, Australia v West Indies ODI next month, Australia v NZ rugby league international, Australian Women's Golf Open.

Not so bothered about the archery and mountain biking stuff....

They're great..we went to a practice one the other weekend, really good. Be pretty warm this weekend though...

The sport that's coming looks great....British Lions match, Australia v West Indies ODI next month, Australia v NZ rugby league international, Australian Women's Golf Open.

Not so bothered about the archery and mountain biking stuff....

When is the British Lions match on. Me and my family are moving to Canberra at the beginning of February and my husband is a big fan,

When is the British Lions match on. Me and my family are moving to Canberra at the beginning of February and my husband is a big fan,

The problem is that, being four days before the first Test, it will probably be the worst of the non-Test games. Jake White - ACT Brumbies coach - is in today's Sydney Morning Herald saying he wouldn't let any Wallabies play for the Brumbies in that game. The Lion's side will be the definite second-string team as well.

Tickets go on sale 9am (local time to the state / territory the game is in) on 18 Feb 13. Last time all tickets for all games sold out in 20 minutes. They reckon it will be even quicker this time.

The problem is that, being four days before the first Test, it will probably be the worst of the non-Test games. Jake White - ACT Brumbies coach - is in today's Sydney Morning Herald saying he wouldn't let any Wallabies play for the Brumbies in that game. The Lion's side will be the definite second-string team as well.

Tickets go on sale 9am (local time to the state / territory the game is in) on 18 Feb 13. Last time all tickets for all games sold out in 20 minutes. They reckon it will be even quicker this time.

Oh no don't say that. My husband will be devastated if he doesn't get tickets. What about getting tickets for the test games. Is that the same?

Oh no don't say that. My husband will be devastated if he doesn't get tickets. What about getting tickets for the test games. Is that the same?

Yeah, same system for every game. So the 6 games in NSW / Vic / ACT all go on sale at the same time, an hour later the two games in Qld go on sale and 2 hours after that the WA game goes on sale (due to the time differences). You'll have to be quick on that morning.

I'm looking at Newcastle (some of my mates may be playing in that one for the combined NSW & Qld Country team) and the Sydney Test but it's going to be a mad rush for the tickets.

Tough gig to get tickets for. A couple of guys in the office have paid for Waratahs membership just to try and get a shot at priority tickets for the test in Sydney, but after last year's p1sspoor performances (and attitude) by them I refused to pay them a cent just for the sake of Lions tickets. So I will have to try and pull strings, but I doubt I will be successful.........

One way round it is to get a Brumbies membership so you get first dabs at the provincial match...you can do this online now if you like, or straight after you get here. They start from $145 for the 8 game season, which is pretty good value for a very high standard....about 10 quid a game?

Test tickets will be very hard...i think they go onsale at the same time so you need a plan to get in quick and buy.

Tough gig to get tickets for. A couple of guys in the office have paid for Waratahs membership just to try and get a shot at priority tickets for the test in Sydney, but after last year's p1sspoor performances (and attitude) by them I refused to pay them a cent just for the sake of Lions tickets. So I will have to try and pull strings, but I doubt I will be successful.........

Just a crazy idea but aren't you a Rabbitoh's fan? They're one of the designated ANZ Stadium clubs so I think by becoming a Rabbitoh's member you'd also be in line for priority tickets. I may be wrong but if I.m right it's better than soiling your soul joining the Waratahs.