Flats to Rent

milo 52

Hi everyone,

I am moving to Sydney on the 9th of Jan, I am looking at renting a flat. Does anyone know any good website's where I can find flats to rent. All the flats I saw where well too much. I am looking at paying £600 to £700 pm. For 1 Bed, Bathroom and Kitchen/ dinner just your basic's. If anyone can help would be very great full.

:wink:

You need to think and set your budget in $ not GBP first of all. Also rentals usually are marketed on weekly rent here.

At the moment the GBP isn't going very far so that budget equates to about $245 per week. I was going to say that I think this puts you firmly in shared accommodation territory, but I had a look at the real estate website I commonly use and a few options came up. Some are studios and some are storage cages but there were some options amongst there.

Still bear in mind, that you wouldn't expect GBP 700 to go very far in London, it will stretch even les in Sydney with the poor exchange rate and it being a touch more expensive anyway. You will not get a 1 bed flat in any desirable area of Sydney for $245.

http://www.domain.com.au/Search/rent/?nosurl=1&mode=rent&&state=NSW&areas=Blue+Mountains+%26+Surrounds%2cNorth+Shore+-+Upper%2cCanterbury%2fBankstown%2cNorthern+Beaches%2cEastern+Suburbs%2cNorthern+Suburbs%2cHawkesbury%2cParramatta%2cHills%2cSt+George%2cInner+West%2cSutherland%2cLiverpool+%2f+Fairfield%2cSydney+City%2cMacarthur%2fCamden%2cWestern+Sydney%2cNorth+Shore+-+Lower&ptypes=17&ptdes=Apartment+%2f+Unit+%2f+Flat&bathrooms=1%2c2%2c3%2c%3e5&to=250&displmap=0

Yep I see what you mean, Just had a look where my sister and brother in-law live (Telopea). I would like to live 2 hours or less from them. I have just been looking at place's to rent in: Gosford, Katoomba and Tasman Sea are these good areas to live in? I have a budget of $250pw.

Thanks for the website Rupert

Yep I see what you mean, Just had a look where my sister and brother in-law live (Telopea). I would like to live 2 hours or less from them. I have just been looking at place's to rent in: Gosford, Katoomba and Tasman Sea are these good areas to live in? I have a budget of $250pw.

Thanks for the website Rupert

They might be quite nice places, but they are not Sydney. It would be quite a commute from Gosford or Katoomba to Sydney if that is here you think you might work. I am not really sure what you mean by Tasman Sea, do you mean live on a boat?

If you are moving as a young singleton, then in view of your budget, I think you might be better exploring the house share market in or around central Sydney. Or perhaps chose another city, you have chosen the most expensive place to live in australia on what is a very modest budget.

Yeah Sydney is a nice place and yep it is a long commute if I have to start work at 8am in Sydney. I might have to house share or I buy a campervan :wink: cheaper.

Your budget isn't enough to cover parking a campervan in the CBD.

Stay in a hostel for a couple of weeks, until you 'find your feet.' You could do flat/house share, or rent a room in a boarding house/pub. There are still a few of them around the city. There's a place over the road from me in Elizabeth St, Surry Hills, above 'Abdul's' Lebanese Restaurant (a Sydney institution.) There is usually a sign on the door about 'rooms to let.'

• 1 month later...

Archived