Help! Newbie in need of info

debbie2302

Hi

Myself, OH and 12 yr old triplets looking to relocate to oz this year (hopefully). :yes:

There is so much info that you need before making that final decision. Just wondered if anyone could give us a few ideas of:

Cost of Living

House Prices

Mortgage Rates

Tax - do they have similar rates as UK and what is top bracket!

Transportation and cost for dog

Not too much worried about jobs, as OH would get job through company he works for now, as they are also big in Aust.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks a lot.

PS Is there anyone from Merseyside area who would like to chat in more detail, please let me know.

Thanks.

Debbie, Stuart, Sian, Sophie, Scott & Calli the dog:spinny:

Hiya guys welcome to poms in oz.We made the move just over a year ago and havnt looked back since.If you have a read through these forums you should find loads of helpful infomation.Do you already have visa's or do you still have to apply for them ,the on line applications seem to be moving abit quicker if you do.Good luck with everything ,

Cal x

Hi

No we dont have our visas, we are in the very early stages, just doing all the background work ie cost of living, what jobs on offer, in what order do you sort everything out, all those sorts of things. We need to be clear of all these before we start the job journey. Hopefully employer sponsorship as OH company is also big in OZ.

Thanks and speak soon.

Debbie & Gang

Hi and welcome to PIO. Wow triplets - must keep you on your toes:chatterbox:

All these sorts of things do depend on where you are heading off too. For property try Realestate.com then you can select the area.

Try doing a search on each individual question - ie cost of living as there has been alot of debate about this recently.

Also, cost of furniture etc - I looked at ikea in Oz and compared it to the uk - something seem more expensive some things less.:unsure:

Archived