Sun Cream

Ronan20

My eldest son (8) attends Emu Park Surf Life Saving Club every Sunday. I have tried a variety of suncreams but he always tends to end up with a small bit of sunburns skin. I also use a zinc stick on his face, but the sun always beats us. What is THE BEST sun protection the a blond fair haired child can use to protect against the sun.

Thanks

If it's just small bits of skin that are burning, the issue is probably application of the cream rather than which cream you're using.

The best protection is to cover up. Since he's probably in and out of the water, full length rashies are probably your best bet. somthing along these lines http://www.cwear.com.au/p/1108440/royal-blue-green-stinger-suit---junior-.html

Any exposed skin should have sunscreen generously applied well beyond the clothing line, as when he moves, the fabric moves. make sure you also apply sunscreen on the belly/back where t-shirts can become untucked and ride up when he leans forward. Parts that often get forgotten are ears, hands and feet (top and soles - needs to be done BEFORE you get sandy), and the hair parting (if applicable).

My eldest son (8) attends Emu Park Surf Life Saving Club every Sunday. I have tried a variety of suncreams but he always tends to end up with a small bit of sunburns skin. I also use a zinc stick on his face, but the sun always beats us. What is THE BEST sun protection the a blond fair haired child can use to protect against the sun.

Thanks

I will be very keen to see what advice people have to offer as well, as I have a fair skinned toddler who I am always trying to keep from going red in the sun. I use the cancer council toddler SPF 30 + sunscreen currently. I suppose it's difficult for him to stay out the sun and water when he's doing his life saving things. What do cricket players use on their faces?!

I think a hat is the best way if you can get one that stays on.

I am really really careful with the kids but it is still difficult. A few weeks ago DS wore a long sleeved rashie, long shorts, a special baseball style cap with neck protection for the water, and factor 30+ on face and legs. He was in and out the water for 1.5 hours at the end of the uv warning period.

He still managed to go a bit red at the side of his face where the hat didn't fully shade him.

Only things I could improve is reapplyvquicker and look for a different hat. He has a wide brimmed one normally but not seenanything decent for the water.

Archived