Help!!! - Received an Invite to Apply Today

Candygirl

Hi Guys,

After the drama of yesterday, we have this afternoon received an Invitation to apply for a 489 family sponsored visa. On our EOI we have requested to be considered for a 189 Independent (60 points), a 190 FS (65 points) and a 489 FS (70 points).

We would really prefer the 189 or 190 as they are PR visas from the outset.

What is the best thing for us to do. I know you get two invites and then you are out of SkillSelect.

I am going to try to speak to DIAC as well, but I know someone on here will know the best course of action to take.

Any advice would be greatly received.

Thanks Lorraine

I'm no migration agent but if your dream is to get here you need to grab the bull by the horns and do it!

if you run the risk of waiting for a second offer you may have a long wait!

once your over hear you can establish yourselves and look into the prospect of PR.

Thats strictly my opinion as it seems its getting harder and harder to obtain the golden tickets to the wonka factory nowadays!!!

I hope you make the decision that's right for you.

Good luck

Gary

Hi, Thanks for your advice.

I have just spoken to DIAC in London and although the chap was very helpful and even spoke to his supervisor, he said the decision is ours. They cannot advise on what action to take, which is fair enough. He said we were sent this invite as the system has picked up on our occupation, the max amount of points and that we have a family member who is willing to sponsor us. He said if we turned down this invite this time, we may well receive the same invite again or potentially not one at all.

Its a difficult one as you will still be able to live and work in Perth. If you had removed the 489 option from your EOI there could have been a good chance with your occupation you could have been invited for the 189, but you have been invited for the one that you had the highest points in.

Personally I would try to get the PR from the start, either apply for SS or remove your EOI for 489 and hope to be invited for 189.

You get 2 invitations per EOI, then EOI is removed, but you can then lodge new EOI, but it will just mean that you are lower down the que.

Its a difficult one as you will still be able to live and work in Perth. If you had removed the 489 option from your EOI there could have been a good chance with your occupation you could have been invited for the 189, but you have been invited for the one that you had the highest points in.

Personally I would try to get the PR from the start, either apply for SS or remove your EOI for 489 and hope to be invited for 189.

You get 2 invitations per EOI, then EOI is removed, but you can then lodge new EOI, but it will just mean that you are lower down the que.

Thanks Hon. We need to have a long hard think about this. Ironically, six months ago I would have given my right arm for this invitation.

I know, but you might be kicking yourselves in a years time if you didnt go for the PR straight away. But then if you apply now you could get your grant quicker than waiting for your next invitation.

Are you entitled to reciprocal health care, would you need help with any child care costs? These are the main benefits of PR.

When you get your visas are you looking to move straight away, our will you validate your visas and move later?

Hi Lorraine,

I know you say 6 months ago you'd have given your right arm for this, but if PR is what you really want then I'm sure you'll get it. You've given it this much time, would an extra month or 2 hurt?

If you don't want the 489 then I'd imagine you're better off removing it from your EOI. That way you won't get the same invite twice and run the risk of being thrown off skillselect.

I know we've both been very independent with our paths up to now but maybe an agent might offer some advice?

Best of luck with whatever you do, maybe think it over while sunning yourself, after all you have 60 days to get your paperwork in and there's not a lot you can do until you get home anyway.

Oh, and the beauty of leaving the 189+190 options open is that 189 will probably get looked at next month while 190 will sit with DIAC waiting until your sponsoring state confirm your application with themselves. The 190 might get approved by your state then, from what I understand, DIAC will invite straight away.

Either way I can't see it being a long wait but I don't think that while you have the 489 invite sitting open that any other invite will come. I think you can only have one at a time. If anyone knows different, then feel free to correct me.

Really appreciate the advice Guys. Thanks very much.:notworthy:

We have just returned from our cruise and as you can imagine have not thought and spoken about much else!!

SkillSelect have said we need to apply before 15 Jan so we have a little time to really think about this seriously and weigh up the options.

Archived