EOI application - family members section

bonza2211

Hi Guys,

I am in a defacto relationship and at some point in the future we may decide to go down the spouse/partner visa route.

However my partner and I both agree that we don't want to complicate the situation so I am unsure what exactly the below questions are on page 2 of the EOI. Does it lead to the application being processed any differently? Also we don't have any necessary paperwork to prove the defacto at the moment. Maybe in a years time as my PR is granted and we have built up evidence it would be possible.,

When I applied for the 457 as well I had stated I was in a defacto but it never asked if we intended to apply together in a future application.

What are your thoughts?

Family members

Are there any family members the client would like to include in a future application?* help-icon.png

Yes No

Would the client be accompanied by the client's partner in a future application?* help-icon.png

Yes No

I would put yes to both, as you may include you partner in the future, just because you say yes on EOI you dont need to include on application. Best keep your options open.

It is easier to include a defacto on a application than waiting it to be granted then go down the Partner route. Plus there is just one application fee, in Jan onshore partner visa fee's will be $4000.

Maybe consider getting evidence together do you will have it in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived