475 temporary visa - how long can i stayout of australia

Rana82

Hi Guys,

i hope someone can help me in this. My husband and i got our 475 temporary visa sponsored by Murray region. we activated our visa and entered Australia in June and we are planning to move next year. will the visa expire if we don't enter Australia within one year? if yes does it apply to the main applicant or for the whole family?

thanks a million for any answer.

Agreed. You are supposed to be working full time for that company. If it is anything like the type of company sponsored visa I am going for then you only have six months to start the job, but that should all have been listed. What does your sponsoring company say?

Your visa is for 3 years from date of first entry, as you have already validated your visa, you have 3 years from June.

But in these 3 years you have to try to meet the requirements for the 887 PR visa which is live in Regional Australia for 2 years and work full-time for 1 year.

If you dont meet the requirements for the 887 visa within the time you have on your visa, you will need to apply for an extension to the 475 provisional visa, which use to be 487 http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/487/existing-prov-visa-holders.htm ,

But will now be the 489 renewal

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-489/

Hi Guys,

i hope someone can help me in this. My husband and i got our 475 temporary visa sponsored by Murray region. we activated our visa and entered Australia in June and we are planning to move next year. will the visa expire if we don't enter Australia within one year? if yes does it apply to the main applicant or for the whole family?

thanks a million for any answer.

No, there is an expiry date on your visa, it will expire by then. Don't leave it too long to move over though, you only have a certain amount of time to meet the criteria for the follow on permanent visa.

Archived