Submitting the Visa by post?

TristanH

Hello, having a look at where/how to submit my visa to Australia House to be processed. I am wanting to know what methods people used to post theirs in and their experiences on that. On their website it says:

'Postal Address

We prefer that all documents are sent to us by ordinary mail. Items received at the Australian High Commission by ordinary mail reach Immigration Officers more quickly than those received by courier (messenger service). All applications and correspondence should be posted to the address below. Please note that courier deliveries are not accepted at this address, see information regarding courier further below.

Migration Branch

Australian High Commission

Strand

London

WC2B 4LA

We recommend all passports and valuable documents are sent by registered mail to ensure a trackable and secure delivery. Special Delivery is recommended in the UK as this is a trackable service, clients in Ireland may use Registered Post. Clients in the UK should also enclose a pre-paid self-addressed Special Delivery envelope for the secure return of their documents (other arrangements will be made for clients outside of the UK).

Please ensure that you include a contact telephone number and email address (if available) with all written enquiries.'

I know that means I can't use Fedex etc. But I want to use more than just first class as it is really important, certified copies etc, is Royal Mail special delivery okay?

Any input with this is really welcome :)

It is best to send documents with the Silver Special Delivery Next Day Pouches they are insured up to £500, (as stated if you put self-addressed one in with your application they will send back any original documents, just makesure that you pre-pay the postage at the post office).

We used the silver special delivery pouches to send our passports to the Australia House for Visa evidencing we sent on the mon got back on the wed.

Hello, having a look at where/how to submit my visa to Australia House to be processed. I am wanting to know what methods people used to post theirs in and their experiences on that. On their website it says:

'Postal Address

We prefer that all documents are sent to us by ordinary mail. Items received at the Australian High Commission by ordinary mail reach Immigration Officers more quickly than those received by courier (messenger service). All applications and correspondence should be posted to the address below. Please note that courier deliveries are not accepted at this address, see information regarding courier further below.

Migration Branch

Australian High Commission

Strand

London

WC2B 4LA

We recommend all passports and valuable documents are sent by registered mail to ensure a trackable and secure delivery. Special Delivery is recommended in the UK as this is a trackable service, clients in Ireland may use Registered Post. Clients in the UK should also enclose a pre-paid self-addressed Special Delivery envelope for the secure return of their documents (other arrangements will be made for clients outside of the UK).

Please ensure that you include a contact telephone number and email address (if available) with all written enquiries.'

I know that means I can't use Fedex etc. But I want to use more than just first class as it is really important, certified copies etc, is Royal Mail special delivery okay?

Any input with this is really welcome :)

You can send by courier to the courier address.

Archived