What happens if one drops out?

flybyknight

i hope not to have to test this, and at the moment, its looking good.... however...

what is the situation if our 17 year old son refuses to get on the plane when we fly to validate our 176 victoria state sponsored visas?

can the rest of us still validate, or would this change anything.

many thanks

The rest of you can still validate but if your son didn't within the timeframe,he would lose his visa. I remember last year a family who's son refused to validate on a planned family holiday because he didn't want to leave his girlfriend. He later had a change of heart so they had to take him to validate, an expensive little episode but cheaper than him losing his visa and never having the option to join his family at a later date. My own 20 year old son wasn't as keen when we first started the process 3 years ago, fortunately once boys of that age realise they'll make new friends/ girlfriends, moving to Australia becomes much more appealing.

Hopefully when the time comes he won't pass up the chance of a holiday to Aus and will be on the plane with you :)

And yes, agree with the above, so long as he validates within the allotted timeframe it will be fine. And will at least give him options in the future.

I agree, good idea to invite the girlfriend too. Cost less in the grand scale of things. Hope he changes his mind. Our 18 and 22 year old daughters consented to validate this year but refuse to move to Oz for good with us next year. It is a very difficult situation.

Do your utmost to get him on the plane to validate, incuding yes bringing the girlfriend along, letting them have their own holiday. Anything. Have read too many times of the teenager that refused to validate or go on the application only to miss out and then find they don't have a route over.

Archived