457 visa help as bit confused please

Hello my name is Lynn.

I emigrated to Australia on a 121 visa a couple of years ago and love it here. My friend has come out on a holiday to recouperate after the loss of her husband and mother and without wanting a job or even wanting to emigrate (sorry all those trying) has accidentally been offered a job!

Her head is spinning and she doesn't know what to do (has no children). I have told her that there are people who would bite off her arm for the opportunity she has been given but she is finding it all difficult to take in or to know what to do.

I am trying to be helpful and supportive but am just a little confused on the 457 visa having not applied for this one myself. Thing is because she has been offered a job does she still need to obtain a skills recognition? I know you need to get your skills recognised in order to get a job in Australia but having obtained the job does she still need to send her qualifications off if applying for a 457 visa?

thank you.

Hello my name is Lynn.

I emigrated to Australia on a 121 visa a couple of years ago and love it here. My friend has come out on a holiday to recouperate after the loss of her husband and mother and without wanting a job or even wanting to emigrate (sorry all those trying) has accidentally been offered a job!

Her head is spinning and she doesn't know what to do (has no children). I have told her that there are people who would bite off her arm for the opportunity she has been given but she is finding it all difficult to take in or to know what to do.

I am trying to be helpful and supportive but am just a little confused on the 457 visa having not applied for this one myself. Thing is because she has been offered a job does she still need to obtain a skills recognition? I know you need to get your skills recognised in order to get a job in Australia but having obtained the job does she still need to send her qualifications off if applying for a 457 visa?

thank you.

In most cases a skills assessment is not required for a subclass 457 visa application.

Archived