EOI whilst waiting for skills assessment?

ztjt2003

Hi

i have Vic SS for my visa. I have gone through 2 stages of my skills assessment and am at the final stage. I don't anticipate a problem and wondered if it was possible to lodge the EOI whilst waiting for the skills approval? I know you get 90 days from invite to apply and I anticipate my skills being back in the next week or two. Or, do you have to put the date of your successful assessment when you lodge your EOI?

Thanks for any help! I am keen to go this side of Christmas so want to apply as quick as possible!

Thanks

Zoe

Guest melanie79

im pretty sure you have to have a positive skills assessment before you can lodge. when i lodged my permanent residency visa (old 175) pretty sure i had to put the date down of when i was approved for skills assessment. also my skills assessment took 14 weeks.

Hi

I am also waiting for my assessment, but i think i can apply for EOI bcos it will ask for assessment/ Receipt no

So if you lodge assessment they will give you a receipt no within 7 days, u can lodge EOI with that n can update the same later.

ANYBODY sure abt that please reply.

Bcos i am applying EOI AFTER 2 days with the receipt no.

Thanx

Hi

I am also waiting for my assessment, but i think i can apply for EOI bcos it will ask for assessment/ Receipt no

So if you lodge assessment they will give you a receipt no within 7 days, u can lodge EOI with that n can update the same later.

ANYBODY sure abt that please reply.

Bcos i am applying EOI AFTER 2 days with the receipt no.

Thanx

You also have to include the date of the completion of the skills assessment on the EOI, not just the reference. That may pose problems should you be invited to apply for a visa before the skills assessment is completed I would have thought?

At the time on lodging my EOI I did NOT have my ACS skills assessment done, you can go ahead and lodge and complete all the details, it will just save your application in DRAFT mode. Once I had my ACS skills assessment letter (from agent) I then included it in my EOI, and now it went to 'submitted' mode.

Hi

i have Vic SS for my visa. I have gone through 2 stages of my skills assessment and am at the final stage. I don't anticipate a problem and wondered if it was possible to lodge the EOI whilst waiting for the skills approval? I know you get 90 days from invite to apply and I anticipate my skills being back in the next week or two. Or, do you have to put the date of your successful assessment when you lodge your EOI?

Thanks for any help! I am keen to go this side of Christmas so want to apply as quick as possible!

Thanks

Zoe

Wait. I'm confused.

How did you apply or get VIC SS without having a skills assessment done or without submitting an EOI to be invited??

EDIT nvm I just read that VIC state allows one to lodge a SS application without having a skills assessment done, but still the sponsorship will not be granted until you've actually submitted your positive skills assessment to VIC.

Wait. I'm confused.

How did you apply or get VIC SS without having a skills assessment done or without submitting an EOI to be invited??

EDIT nvm I just read that VIC state allows one to lodge a SS application without having a skills assessment done, but still the sponsorship will not be granted until you've actually submitted your positive skills assessment to VIC.

Thank everyone for your advice.

Hi ,

I applied for Vic SS before skillselect came in, they granted my SS and said that I would have to

provide the skills assessment to DIAC but gave me the reference and everything for my sponsorship. Basically my skills assessment has taken around 5 months so far! The agency DIAC say to go through no longer provides a SA for Clinical psychologists as AHPRA has taken over this role. I didn't know that before I applied though as I just went off the DIAC table. Anyway, $2000 dollars later I'm, nearly there! I just wanted to get going with the EOI as my SS expires at the end of October but looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer. hopefully it will be back before then

Zoe

Thank everyone for your advice.

Hi ,

I applied for Vic SS before skillselect came in, they granted my SS and said that I would have to

provide the skills assessment to DIAC but gave me the reference and everything for my sponsorship. Basically my skills assessment has taken around 5 months so far! The agency DIAC say to go through no longer provides a SA for Clinical psychologists as AHPRA has taken over this role. I didn't know that before I applied though as I just went off the DIAC table. Anyway, $2000 dollars later I'm, nearly there! I just wanted to get going with the EOI as my SS expires at the end of October but looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer. hopefully it will be back before then

Zoe

thats strange that VIC would approve SS without having submitted the skills assessment result.

Your SS has an expiration date??? so what happens if you don't get your skills assessment by end of the month then?

thats strange that VIC would approve SS without having submitted the skills assessment result.

Your SS has an expiration date??? so what happens if you don't get your skills assessment by end of the month then?

Hi bubbe2005

Yes they granted it without my skills assessment. I think things were slightly different before skillselect came in. Yes, state sponsorship is only valid for 4 months from when it is granted. I'm hoping if I don't get it before then, I might be able to ask them for a months extension or something. Hopefully they would grant that as it is DIAC's error about listing the wrong agency on their form. I don't know if they will though.

I checked today on the EOI and I have to put the completion date of the Skills assessment so I don't think I can submit my EOI yet.

Are you currently applying for a visa?

zoe

Hi bubbe2005

Yes they granted it without my skills assessment. I think things were slightly different before skillselect came in. Yes, state sponsorship is only valid for 4 months from when it is granted. I'm hoping if I don't get it before then, I might be able to ask them for a months extension or something. Hopefully they would grant that as it is DIAC's error about listing the wrong agency on their form. I don't know if they will though.

I checked today on the EOI and I have to put the completion date of the Skills assessment so I don't think I can submit my EOI yet.

Are you currently applying for a visa?

zoe

ahh ok. Yes. But I only just submitted my SA SS application online. So I won't expect to hear anything until maybe December time. But next week I am getting my US FBI checks done, as that could take weeks for the results. I will be submitting UK ACRO police checks also.

Hi Jonny,

I agree with you but i have already applied for skills assessment ( AITSL), and they take 2-3 months aprrox for approval, i will have 60 days after i get invitation to apply for my visa which is 190 for SA.

My question is why they will ask for "Assessment no/ Receipt No " while you submitting ur EOI then?

Anyway i am getting my Receipt no from my assessing body today, i will let all you guys know...i hope i can submit EOI otherwise i will b waiting for 2 months :(

Thanx

Hi Jonny,

I agree with you but i have already applied for skills assessment ( AITSL), and they take 2-3 months aprrox for approval, i will have 60 days after i get invitation to apply for my visa which is 190 for SA.

My question is why they will ask for "Assessment no/ Receipt No " while you submitting ur EOI then?

Anyway i am getting my Receipt no from my assessing body today, i will let all you guys know...i hope i can submit EOI otherwise i will b waiting for 2 months :(

Thanx

hi Bindi

on the EOI I'm pretty sure it asks for completion date of skills assessment which is what made me have to pause! Not sure if it was. Compulsory field, I'll check

good luck!

Zoe

• 6 months later...
At the time on lodging my EOI I did NOT have my ACS skills assessment done, you can go ahead and lodge and complete all the details, it will just save your application in DRAFT mode. Once I had my ACS skills assessment letter (from agent) I then included it in my EOI, and now it went to 'submitted' mode.

I done Master of IT in Australia(2 year) and I have Post Graduate Computer Application Diploma(1 year). I already have Developer Programmer 261312 Assessment. Now I want 262113 Systems Administrator Assessment. I don't have experience. Plz tell me there is any possibility to get successful Skill Assessment in 262113 Systems Administrator. Plz reply

Archived