How many times can one get Visitor Visa

nasirshah

Hi Folks,

My mum is a citizen of Pakistan whilst all of her living family members live in Australia, yes all her children, siblings and parents and she is a widow. Very understandably she would like to stay with her family as much as she can, however, she is not eligible for parent visa yet.

So far we have managed to get her to OZ on visitor visa 3 times. Her current visa is for 12 months and she returns to Pakistan in January 2013. My question is can I apply for another 12 month visitor visa as soon as she exits the country? I am not sure if the immigration dept would be happy with it. Can you please share your experiences?

Thanks

Nasir

Hi Folks,

My mum is a citizen of Pakistan whilst all of her living family members live in Australia, yes all her children, siblings and parents and she is a widow. Very understandably she would like to stay with her family as much as she can, however, she is not eligible for parent visa yet.

So far we have managed to get her to OZ on visitor visa 3 times. Her current visa is for 12 months and she returns to Pakistan in January 2013. My question is can I apply for another 12 month visitor visa as soon as she exits the country? I am not sure if the immigration dept would be happy with it. Can you please share your experiences?

Thanks

Nasir

The question is not really can she apply, of course you can apply. The real question is surely whether the application will be successful?

Well I think that back to back 12 month tourist visas would be pretty hard for most people to get and rightly or wrongly, even harder for someone from a HR country. It certainly isn't sustainable.

As above, if the eniter family are there, why is she not eligible for parent visa, you surely didn't all move over recently did you?

Thanks W Russell & Rupert,

Our balance of family will hopefully shift to OZ shortly and we intend to lodge an application for parent visa. However even the contributory parent visa can take 12-24 months. She staying on her own for 3 months in Pakistan is would be very hard for her and us.

Rupert, you are right, she can lodge an application but I am unsure of her chances of visa grant. All we can do is hope and pray.

All,

Has anyone been is a similar situation???

Cheers,

Nasir

well it sounds like the BoF is already well satisfied from what you've said....so if you apply for the CPV now she'll get it all the quicker !! were you hoping maybe to keep her there on tourist visas till she's of an age where she can apply for the CAPV? with a bridging visa? why not just bite the bullet & all of you contribute? seems the ideal solution to me - then she'll have her future sealed with her family the quickest way possible :biggrin:

Thanks W Russell & Rupert,

Our balance of family will hopefully shift to OZ shortly and we intend to lodge an application for parent visa. However even the contributory parent visa can take 12-24 months. She staying on her own for 3 months in Pakistan is would be very hard for her and us.

Rupert, you are right, she can lodge an application but I am unsure of her chances of visa grant. All we can do is hope and pray.

All,

Has anyone been is a similar situation???

Cheers,

Nasir

You did not answer the question: What are the schedule 8 conditions imposed on mother's current visa?

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

Nasir, you can take a look at the list of possible schedule 8 conditions that Westly is referring to here: http://www.comlaw.gov.au/comlaw/legislation/legislativeinstrumentcompilation1.nsf/0/6D7C12DFF5985768CA2576900028F745/$file/MigrationRegs1994Vol6.pdf - they start on page 186. Could you take a look at the list and state whether your mum's 12 month visa has any of the conditions listed in that link attached to the visa? They will be on her visa label or grant letter.

• 4 weeks later...
You did not answer the question: What are the schedule 8 conditions imposed on mother's current visa?

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

Hi Russell,

Yes she has "No Further Stay" condition on her current 12 month visitor visa.

Nasir

Archived