Molendinar??

rainyc

We are considering Molendinar for a rental, does anyone live there and know if its a nice area to live in? The house is at Crestwood Heights?

Hi

I had to google Molindinar as I'd never heard of it. I found this information:

This area is mostly residential and has been built in the past 10 to 13 years. A corner of the suburb supports light industrial and manufacturing industries.

[h=3]Residential[/h]The area is a mix of new and older housing estates. Crestwood Heights is a newer estate in the area. The proximity to facilities and services makes it a family friendly area with the opportunity still available to buy a three-bedroom home for a reasonable price. Land is still available.

[h=3]Shopping[/h]Crestwood Plaza is ideal for locals with an IGA, newsagency and Zarraffa’s coffee shop. Ashmore City is a mid-size shopping centre with supermarket, banks and post office which caters for everyday needs. Harbour Town Shopping Centre is a 10-minute drive and has a number of brand name fashion outlets with bargains on offer.

More Gold Coast shopping centres

[h=3]Schools[/h]Primary: Ashmore, Bellevue Park and Southport State Schools. Secondary: Keebra Park, Nerang, Southport. Private: The Southport School (all boys), St Hildas School (all girls), Trinity Lutheran Colleges (prep-year 12) and Aquinas College.

[h=3]Retirement[/h]The Domain Retirement Country Club on Wardoo St in nearby Ashmore has two and three-bedroom independent living units as well as assisted living serviced apartments.

[h=3]Medical[/h]Medical Centres are located in Ashmore, Labrador, Parkwood and Southport. Gold Coast Hospital and Allamanda Hospital are also in Southport and Pindara Private Hospital is located in Benowa.

Gold Coast after-hours medical centres and after-hours chemists

[h=3]Transport[/h]Local buses service the area. The M1 Motorway is easily accessed via Smith St. The nearest rail stations are about a 10-minute drive at Nerang and Helensvale for travel to Brisbane.

Gold Coast bus, train, plane timetables and transport planners

[h=3]Golf[/h]Crowne Plaza Royal Pines Golf Resort and Spa is a 10-minute drive from Molendinar and is home to the Gold Coast’s only 27-hole composite golf course and is the permanent home of the ANZ Ladies Masters as well as host to many other major events. Golf packages are available for visitors.

Hi

My husband house shared on Crestwood. It looks a really nice estate. At the top there is Crestwood Plaza which as a Super IGA supermarket, coffee shop, hairdressers, Noodles box and a few other shops.

The schools are a bit far away so you would need to drive.

Its not to far from Ashmore where there are banks, chemist etc...

Jill

x

Hello Lorraine,

Good to hear from you, i have taken a while to replly as my account crashed (previously 1143ellis).

When you arrive get in touch and we can meet, were you are gonna live is just ten mins from me, the area yiou are moving to looks fine and apparantly I have been told by people who have lived here a long time it is fine.

If there is a way of privately givng information, like mobile number can you tell me as I am not sure, I will then give you it or just arrange to meet somewhere for coffee.

Have you got children, or will you be working? I do not work.

Hope to hear from you again.

Angie.:biggrin:

We are considering Molendinar for a rental, does anyone live there and know if its a nice area to live in? The house is at Crestwood Heights?

Why Molendinar particularly, I've driven through a few times and it seems OK but plenty of other places to look which may be better placed for the coast and/or things to do?

why molendinar particularly, i've driven through a few times and it seems ok but plenty of other places to look which may be better placed for the coast and/or things to do?

a nice house came up there, but we didnt get it anyway, think they wanted hubby already working which is impossble with being in adelaide still and even with a letter from prospective employer it was a no. Oh well its obviously wasnt meant to be. We now are going back to plan a and staying in a hotel for 2 weeks and will be viewing heaps in 2 weeks time lol

We now are going back to plan a and staying in a hotel for 2 weeks and will be viewing heaps in 2 weeks time lol

Thats a better plan I think, lots of areas to explore and better doing it in person. For a hotel I can reccomend the Meriton in Southport, we spent 6 weeks there when looking for our place and have been back a few times too.

Archived