Can anyone give any advice or info on WORKING HOLIDAY VISA?

louisesteph23

I'm a newbie to Poms in Oz!

My boyfriend and I are wanting to come over to Australia on a WHV in March 2013. If anyone can provide any advice or info to us that would be great!

Such as; what jobs do you have to apply for and how do you apply? how much do you need in savings if your going over and staying with family? are job sponsorships offered often after the 12 months? etc etc.

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

Louise

I'm a newbie to Poms in Oz!

My boyfriend and I are wanting to come over to Australia on a WHV in March 2013. If anyone can provide any advice or info to us that would be great!

Such as; what jobs do you have to apply for and how do you apply? how much do you need in savings if your going over and staying with family? are job sponsorships offered often after the 12 months? etc etc.

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

Louise

You can apply for any jobs you fancy and you apply in the same way as you. Would ever apply for a job. You will not be asked to prove your available funds, but would suggest you bring as much as you can. Whether you might get a sponsorship depends upon whether you re in skilled occupations or not, but no most who holders will leave at the end of the visa.

You can apply for any jobs you fancy and you apply in the same way as you. Would ever apply for a job. You will not be asked to prove your available funds, but would suggest you bring as much as you can. Whether you might get a sponsorship depends upon whether you re in skilled occupations or not, but no most who holders will leave at the end of the visa.

Oh great that is good to know! Do you happen to know of any websites tha would be good to look for jobs on? We are planning on staying with my parents over there as they are moving over in Jan 2013 so at least we have somewhere to stay. My boyfriend is in skilled occupations but unforunately I'm not I currently work for a Bank. Thanks for your help :-)

Guest The Pom Queen
does anybody know when you are asked to provide proof of sufficient funds on a WHV to support your trip?

Usually on arrival although it tends to be done randomly so you would be unlucky if they chose you

Usually on arrival although it tends to be done randomly so you would be unlucky if they chose you

ohhh right, not going until March 2013 so I will definately have the funds then, I just wasn't sure if they ask for proof when applying for the visa which I wanted to do this week! So would I need like a bank statement on arrival?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nitrox121

i never got asked to prove funds and the backpackers ive met on my travels havent either...id say youd have to be pretty unlucky. but take a bank statement anyway :)

just to prove you have initial funds to sustain yourself and pay for a ticket home if you have only got a one way ticket. i think its 5000$ which is approx £3500

youll love it! i am :)