457 sponsored visa information req'd

The Adamsons

Having had an unsuccesfull outcome from the TRA I am now planning on going down the route of a 457 sponsored visa. From what I have read I am still slightly confused so need a couple of things cleared up. Firstly, do I still need a succesfull TRA outcome and do I need to pass my IELTS exam? I hope its just a case of finding a company to sponsor me then off we go, or is that just too easy.

For us it was more or less that simple. OH offered job, assigned an agent by the company, they told us what documents we needed to provide, we sent them. Got the visa through within a week.

Then depending on the job offer, they either provide the flights, help with relocation costs etc (ours didnt it was just the cost of the visa and the flight for the applicant) but it all helped.

Good luck with the job hunting

For us it was more or less that simple. OH offered job, assigned an agent by the company, they told us what documents we needed to provide, we sent them. Got the visa through within a week.

Then depending on the job offer, they either provide the flights, help with relocation costs etc (ours didnt it was just the cost of the visa and the flight for the applicant) but it all helped.

Good luck with the job hunting

Thanks FIFI69, Ive got an expo in Glasgow on sunday so will hopefully get some job leads there, I'm just glad you come back with a positive reply :biggrin:

In theory it was pretty easy, well compared to the pr process much easier. We were given flights and relocation costs too. BUT finding the sponsor and job is what people often struggle with. You don't mention what your job is, but you need to check its on the CSOL list.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-457/

You'll find the list, and lots of other info on the immi site.

I am currently a gas fitter (12 years) but i served my apprenticeship as a mechanical fitter/turner and did this for 10 years, I've been applying but not getting too much response. I am looking at moving our family to Perth. our friends moved there earlier this year and they say there's loads of jobs for mechy fitters. fingers crossed.

Archived