Are you allowed to ship plants???

bubbe2005

seeriously?! i can't even ship my FAKE Christmas tree

Fake xmas trees are fine. Pine Cones are not. Typically they get packed together, so xmas decorations are almost always checked by customs.

Plants you can be 99.99% sure are not fine, unless they have been treated and their roots enclosed in some gel type substance. Even then there will be issues and checks.

I'm not sure how you plan to keep your plants alive while they are in a container, unless you were planning on hand luggage?

Fake xmas trees are fine. Pine Cones are not. Typically they get packed together, so xmas decorations are almost always checked by customs.

Plants you can be 99.99% sure are not fine, unless they have been treated and their roots enclosed in some gel type substance. Even then there will be issues and checks.

I'm not sure how you plan to keep your plants alive while they are in a container, unless you were planning on hand luggage?

good point although they are cactus plants that i have and these plants can live without water for a bit (no need for constant watering), not even sure if hand luggage is an option

Guest Shell15
seeriously?! i can't even ship my FAKE Christmas tree

the tree is ok but a few on here have mentioned the decorations like pine cones etc..

As far as I am aware and would say 99.5% no real plants, we shipped our artificial Christmas Tree, and our Christmas Tree decorations I was unaware that we had a ´corn husk´decoration in our decoration box, and it was destroyed we had to pay them $77 or thereabouts to destroy it ......... hope this helps a little

As far as I am aware and would say 99.5% no real plants, we shipped our artificial Christmas Tree, and our Christmas Tree decorations I was unaware that we had a ´corn husk´decoration in our decoration box, and it was destroyed we had to pay them $77 or thereabouts to destroy it ......... hope this helps a little

dannnnng!!

Aus sniffer dogs are very very good at detecting food stuff, plants, etc.

No plants or seeds allowed, there is a customs information brochure that you can access to get all the correct information.

Just to add we are not allowed to take fruit to certain parts of Victoria from Melbourne, grape vines, elm trees all sorts of rigid rules regarding plants in Aus.

Archived