Speeding Fines

Guest pabloke99

Guest pabloke99

When working in Oz in 1999 I was pulled over for speeding, but the copper let me off with a warning when I produced my UK dvg lic; guess it was just too much trouble for him. I am curious as to whether this ploy would still work once I'm a permanent resident?

Guest The Baggo's

Don't think it would work now! I got a $100 fine and just a letter put through the post - just like UK!

The policeman was also hiding behind a van

it worked for me ,but i had only been here 4 week!!! couldnt believe my luck,mrs PC was sooo not happy when i pulled out my Uk licence,but as you say too much hassle ,,hubby got fined twice not long after but was on an aussie licence,,i guess it depends on the cop that day!!!

Cal x

Guest Sheerluck
When working in Oz in 1999 I was pulled over for speeding, but the copper let me off with a warning when I produced my UK dvg lic; guess it was just too much trouble for him. I am curious as to whether this ploy would still work once I'm a permanent resident?

Once you get permanent residency, you have 3 months to convert your UK license to a local one, otherwise you will run the risk of being prosecuted for unlicensed driving as well as speeding!

I've already looked into that one!

Dave

It does get me how it's double demerit points on public holiday weekends - but was amazed that over the xmas holidays it lasted more than a week. Also they they put the sign to warn you of a speed camera right infront of the guy with the camera - talk about sneeky. OH has even seen a cop hide to ensure no one is using the bus land when they're not supposed to.

Ali

Guest Sexy Welsh Aussie Bird

My OH got caught driving home from picking up our new car from the garage, we had only been in Oz 10 days at the time and he was on his UK licence, the copper gave him a ticket, accidentally I was a day late in paying, the lady at the post office said that I would now have to wait until I got a reminder in the post with an extra A$13 to pay. The reminder never came!! As soon as my OH applied for his Oz licence within a few days of receiving it the replacement fine arrived!!! It was automatically transferred to his Oz licence. !!!!!! :policeman:

Sian xxx

I think I got done couple weeks befoer xmas but still not heard, was a police van with a camera installed in the bumper, it def flashed but guy in outside lane was going faster than me so Im hoping it was him lol

Em x

Guest pabloke99
My OH got caught driving home from picking up our new car from the garage, we had only been in Oz 10 days at the time and he was on his UK licence, the copper gave him a ticket, accidentally I was a day late in paying, the lady at the post office said that I would now have to wait until I got a reminder in the post with an extra A$13 to pay. The reminder never came!! As soon as my OH applied for his Oz licence within a few days of receiving it the replacement fine arrived!!! It was automatically transferred to his Oz licence. !!!!!! :policeman:

Sian xxx

As I thought, they seem to have covered the loop-holes. My inquiry was a bit tongue in cheek though. Guess we'll all have to drive carefully, just like the ozzies do.

Stil works if you are in a hire car and you show UK licence and give your UK address. Once you are in a car you own then they will find you one way or another. With computers cross matching names..they are goig to find you!

Archived