ENS subclass 186 - (Transition vs Direct Entry)

bonza2211

Er, I think I have already stated that you can apply for the direct entry while on a 457 - on this thread! I know, because I've done it!! So not all 'quaff' being written on here...

I believe the complication occurs becasue you cannot apply for direct entry if you have held a 457 for more than 2 years. Direct entry is an avenue for less than 2 years in total with any employer - at least I understand this to be the case. Ports may come on and clarify, since they have presumably had everything clarfied.

Yes I know that you have talked sense on this thread TP, however people still seem doubtful.

Although I have read the entire employer sponsored visa booklet and have seen nothing to suggest that anyone who has been on a 457 for more than 2 years is actively precluded from the Direct Entry stream. That the stream was targeted at people that have not spent two years on a 457 does not mean that others are barred.

Edited by Rupert

There is a load of guff being written on this thread that because you have been on a 457 you cannot apply for direct entry. Complete guff. Of course you can.

Thanks for re-confirming that.

At the end of the day this is a public forum and there will be opinions and dis-agreements, however lets not be too harsh. Having your plans/dreams shattered will always seem unfair to the person on the receiving end. Just as you are entitled to your opinion, so is he.

Lets be positive guys, we have a common goal to gain PR, lets support each other on that :)

Thanks for re-confirming that.

At the end of the day this is a public forum and there will be opinions and dis-agreements, however lets not be too harsh. Having your plans/dreams shattered will always seem unfair to the person on the receiving end. Just as you are entitled to your opinion, so is he.

Lets be positive guys, we have a common goal to gain PR, lets support each other on that :)

He has not had any dreams dashed, that is my point. I would hate for someone to miss out because of a misunderstanding, hence my robust comments to call for action, not wallowing.

Exactly why we have this forum right? So that one can say their opinion or feel about it. At any rate, whatever was expressed here, the DIAC rule will apply, no matter I whine about it or not.

This is why I said on my previous post the that the stream in my case is only on Direct Stream, as I left my previous company (though already way past 2 years). Job opportunity is another thing I considered aside from the PR thing. Some people i met abandoned their employer after sponsoring them for PR, which is their own choice and opportunity.

I temporarily dropped my wish to pursue PR on Direct stream-if I was not clear about it, I will just wait till something comes out differently on the rules or be qualified after two years. Nothing affects my working situation on 457 visa as I will earn same, and pay tax the same. Thanks guys.

Er, I think I have already stated that you can apply for the direct entry while on a 457 - on this thread! I know, because I've done it!! So not all 'quaff' being written on here...

I believe the complication occurs becasue you cannot apply for direct entry if you have held a 457 for more than 2 years. Direct entry is an avenue for less than 2 years in total with any employer - at least I understand this to be the case. Ports may come on and clarify, since they have presumably had everything clarfied.

Correct, I already talked to a migration agent and the Direct Entry stream is the only way I can go if I wanted to pursue PR now or wait for another two years on my new employer.

If I go to Direct entry stream, I would need my skills assessed (though I already demonstrated that on my previous employer since being on the same line of work) + a bit higher mark in IELTS if I'm not mistaken.

Good luck for the future Ports!

I'v done so much research that my brain is numb and i may be overlooking the obvious :

All this while I'd assumed I need the EOI and overlooked that my current employer would be nominating me!

An application being lodged with Employer Nomination will not require the EOI correct?

i.e. No need for EOI if

--Direct Entry 186

--Employer nomination upfront

--Positive skills assessment

--Positive points test score

--All other visa requirements fulfilled

Thanks.

Bonza

Yep, no need to submit expression of interest, your employer is the interested one..... in you! :)

Haha nicely put.

Since iv started looking at this abou a week ago iv saved most checklists, printed them, highlighted stuff and then went on to classifying EOI and making a tracker... Its of no use to me but I will continue to do it for the benefit of others : http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/162657-skillselect-eoi-monthly-invitations-tracker-2012-a.html

So the big challenges I see for me are VETASSESS (timeframe, not the result) and PCC

Cool bananas

There is a checklist on the immi website, on the 186 skills select page, that states exactly what documents ou will need to upload. E.g. certified docs - birth cert, marriage cert etc, and other things like scanned colour passport photo, passport pages etc.

Find that, and you can get even more prepared. All straight forward stuff, just takes a bit of gathering followed by a visit to a JP to certify necessary bits.

There is a checklist on the immi website, on the 186 skills select page, that states exactly what documents ou will need to upload. E.g. certified docs - birth cert, marriage cert etc, and other things like scanned colour passport photo, passport pages etc.

Find that, and you can get even more prepared. All straight forward stuff, just takes a bit of gathering followed by a visit to a JP to certify necessary bits.

I'v got the checklists for

--ENS 186 visa application

--ENS 186 employer nomination

--VETASSESS SRG1 Application for Skills assessment

And a bunch of other stuff... Just for me to get familar and create a mock file. JP wont be a problem. I'v got someone at work :)

However looking at skillselect :http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skills...-july-2012.pdf

Has me confused a little. There is a table on page 2 showing for 186 ENS, 1356 EOI lodged? Why is this the case. Or is it just that people are putting themselves out there for other employers who may contact them in the future?

Does the ENS/RSMS come out of the EOI occupational ceiling as well (I'd assume so)

Thanks

• 1 year later...