Going to Australia next week to validate my visa

path2aus

Hello All,

I am going to Australia next week to validate my PR. I have the visa label on my passport but is there anything else I need to be carrying with me (I will be carrying my grant letter too)? How long does the immigration take once I land in Australia? Please let me know.

Thanks.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

They just checked us through as normal, they didn't even mention it, it's in your passport, but they don't stamp it, it's on a computer somewhere, logged, saying you validated it, I assume, they stamp your passport, so you have proof you were there in Australia to activate the visa. Best of luck, where are you heading?

I just got 7 months. We had the house on the market and could not get it sold. So we decided to make this trip to validate. Visa granted on Feb 1 2012 and the date of first entry was September 12th. So not much time. We were hoping to have little more time.

Have a great time in Melbourne, we validated our visas in March and spent a week in Melbourne, fitted so much in to do. Make use of the free bus and free tram that circles the city. When are you looking at moving out for good?

Have a great time in Melbourne, we validated our visas in March and spent a week in Melbourne, fitted so much in to do. Make use of the free bus and free tram that circles the city. When are you looking at moving out for good?

Thanks. We are planning to move sometime next year. We have to sell our home and then we will be good to go. Have you already moved in there?

Not yet, just booking flight for hubby to go over in July and I will be following with 4 and six year old in September. Sold house in January. Good tip for selling house in a hurry is to offer a cash in hand incentive to a young estate agent, give them a two month maximum. We haggled for 1% including vat too. Are you moving to central Melbourne or outskirts?

Archived