two visas??

bennyblueboy

evening all! just wondered if any of you visa geeks out there could share a bit of info........ive been going down the PR visa route and am quite far into it now,have met all the requirements and lodged an EOI and am just waiting for an invite now so hopefully wont be to long as going for SS.

Anyways this is my dilema! a company has contacted me today offering me the chance of sponsorship......so now this curved ball has been thrown into the mix,what do i do??!!

If i was to take them up on there offer would a 457 visa cancel out my PR vias?or could i get a 457 first so i can get out to oz asap and then still let my PR application be processed and granted?

Obviously my pr visa is the most important thing so if the 457 will affect it in any way id rather just turn the offer down. HELP POMS!!

evening all! just wondered if any of you visa geeks out there could share a bit of info........ive been going down the PR visa route and am quite far into it now,have met all the requirements and lodged an EOI and am just waiting for an invite now so hopefully wont be to long as going for SS.

Anyways this is my dilema! a company has contacted me today offering me the chance of sponsorship......so now this curved ball has been thrown into the mix,what do i do??!!

If i was to take them up on there offer would a 457 visa cancel out my PR vias?or could i get a 457 first so i can get out to oz asap and then still let my PR application be processed and granted?

Obviously my pr visa is the most important thing so if the 457 will affect it in any way id rather just turn the offer down. HELP POMS!!

Applying for your 457 doesn't affect the status of your permanent residency visa, even if you've already lodged it (I think). I'd advise you to take the job offer, get the temp visa and still pursue your PR visa, as you claim to have already met the requirements.

Good luck!

Applying for your 457 doesn't affect the status of your permanent residency visa, even if you've already lodged it (I think). I'd advise you to take the job offer, get the temp visa and still pursue your PR visa, as you claim to have already met the requirements.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info!

The only thing to be careful of is that iirc any visa granted supercedes the previous one. So if by some miracle your PR comes through before the 457, you'll need to cancel your 457 application IMMEDIATELY, so that they don't grant the 457 and mess up the PR one.

The only thing to be careful of is that iirc any visa granted supercedes the previous one. So if by some miracle your PR comes through before the 457, you'll need to cancel your 457 application IMMEDIATELY, so that they don't grant the 457 and mess up the PR one.

Thanks for that bit of info rockDr--we too are in the same boat--we've gone for the ENS but with the recent backlog could take ages so now applying for the 457!

Congrats BBB. It's like buses - two come at once!!!

We have just turned down a sponsorship offer, but our plan was to do exactly the same as yourself. Go out on the 457 and continue down the PR route as we were. I believe previously you had to leave Oz once your PR visa was granted, this has now changed, so you can remain in Oz when the PR visa comes through.

The fact that you have not been invited yet - I would take up the offer of the 457, there are no offshore onshore distinctions on GSM visas anymore so you dont need to leave Australia for it to be granted.

If you had been invited - I would be tempted to wait until you got your visa granted - ours was granted 6 weeks after lodging, and the new skillselect - should be fast moving due to the priority processing arrangements.

You have 60 days to lodge your application when you are invited anyway - many 457 visas are granted in 1-4 weeks depending if the company is already a business sponsor.

Archived