Occupation now offlist for wa

tommo007

Hi wonder if anyone can set our minds at rest? We sent skills assessment paperwork off recently for electrician special class and now it's been taken off list for WA. Does that mean it may never go back on or could this just be temporary? We need to ensure that we get visa before July 2013 otherwise we won't have enough points due to ten point drop because of age

Last year my occupation dropped off the SS list only to reappear the next year.

it will probably reappear for the next round. I am not plugged in to the new system but if you are after a state sponsorship visas then keep an eye on other states too just in case.

Last year my occupation dropped off the SS list only to reappear the next year.

it will probably reappear for the next round. I am not plugged in to the new system but if you are after a state sponsorship visas then keep an eye on other states too just in case.

Thanks for that I hope so

We are also off. As they took off so many occupations, I think they will reinstate quite a few of them. As has been, I think it will be a nervous wait each month to see if the list changes for the better.

Good Luck.

I couldn't believe it when I saw how many were taken off the list hopefully it's just a monthly quota with skill select. Fingers crossed and good look to you too.

I am surprised that they have taken off so many occupations. But Hairdresser is still available? Last year in September there was a big update of the WA State Migration Plan. Hopefully the occupation quotas run from Sept - Sept - and they will re-open some of the not available occupations.

I am surprised that they have taken off so many occupations. But Hairdresser is still available? Last year in September there was a big update of the WA State Migration Plan. Hopefully the occupation quotas run from Sept - Sept - and they will re-open some of the not available occupations.

I hope so really worried now as time isn't on our side

Have you tried another state? Hows your points would you be eligible for 189.

We have 65 points if skills assessment is successful but if we go for 189 it all depend if we got invite in the next 12 months my sister lives in canberra and could sponsor us but I think that family sponsored takes a lot longer but if family sponsor not sure how it works if your occupation isn't on the state list.

We have 65 points if skills assessment is successful but if we go for 189 it all depend if we got invite in the next 12 months my sister lives in canberra and could sponsor us but I think that family sponsored takes a lot longer but if family sponsor not sure how it works if your occupation isn't on the state list.

We are in the same position. We have a family sponsor, but DIAC quote the processing time as 12-18 months, not sure if this still stands under the new SkillSelect so we were really hoping for SS. We will keep checking the lists at the beg of each month. Keeping everything crossed.

We are in the same position. We have a family sponsor, but DIAC quote the processing time as 12-18 months, not sure if this still stands under the new SkillSelect so we were really hoping for SS. We will keep checking the lists at the beg of each month. Keeping everything crossed.

From what I can see on diac website only visa for family sponsorship is 489 and it's not permanent you still have to to then do the pathway to permanent. I don't know about you but I'd rather have the security of permanent residancy straight off especially as we'll be selling the house.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Does anyone know what WA are looking for when the ask for 12 month job offer for off list occupations? Is it just an offer they want or will they follow up on it? I have a few contacts thinking of emailing them to ask for a 12 month job offer!! Got my skills assessment went to apply for ss and job had been moved to off list - typical!!

Hi

Does anyone know what WA are looking for when the ask for 12 month job offer for off list occupations? Is it just an offer they want or will they follow up on it? I have a few contacts thinking of emailing them to ask for a 12 month job offer!! Got my skills assessment went to apply for ss and job had been moved to off list - typical!!

We are in the same boat. I emailed them and this is their reply:

Hello

If you studied in Australia or you are applying from another state then you will br required to provide a full time offer of employment with your application.

Kind Regards

Migration Officer | Skilled Migration WA

Department of Training and Workforce Development

Government of Western Australia

Level 2 | 166 Murray Street | Perth 6000

T (Aust): 13 23 98 | T (O/S): numbers_button_skype_logo.png+61 8 9224 6593 | F: +61 8 9421 1391

www.migration.wa.gov.au

So don't think any worries there

The same applies to OH now as well - he is on Schedule 2 of the WA SS. WA's reply has confused us further. What if you have not studied or applying from another state, but are applying outside of Australia. What happens if you have a job offer, get SS and then start the job and don't like it - what then? Is the SS revoked?

The same applies to OH now as well - he is on Schedule 2 of the WA SS. WA's reply has confused us further. What if you have not studied or applying from another state, but are applying outside of Australia. What happens if you have a job offer, get SS and then start the job and don't like it - what then? Is the SS revoked?

Nothing will happen to your visa, this is not an employer sponsored visa. All you need is a job offer to get the SS, once you get it that is. You could never set foot in WA and your visa will be fine.

Remember the SS agreement is for you to live and work in WA for the 1st 2 years on the visa. As many people validate and move later the SS agreement is no longer in place.

Nothing will happen to your visa, this is not an employer sponsored visa. All you need is a job offer to get the SS, once you get it that is. You could never set foot in WA and your visa will be fine.

Remember the SS agreement is for you to live and work in WA for the 1st 2 years on the visa. As many people validate and move later the SS agreement is no longer in place.

Thanks very much:biggrin:

Archived