Anyone from Nottingham / midlands, in the process of applying or moving to Perth?

Nohea

Hi

Just wondering if anyone else from Nottingham or midlands on here are in the process of moving to Perth? We are, but I keep changing my mind on a daily basis, i have no idea if we'll ever get there or not! Some days i cant wait to get there other days I just think the whole move is too stressful and daunting, normal feelings i'm sure, but would be good to speak to others in a similar situation

thanks, Rebecca:arghh:

I'm from west mids and in the process of applying for a visa im sure i want to do it just not sure it will ever happen seem's like it's been going on forever.

What visa you going on?

We're going on a 175 if we ever go, things just seem good for us here at the moment, love our house (we've got offers on it, but not given an answer yet), like our area, kids are settled, when we first started the application 5 years ago things were different, just wish it hadn't all taken so long, would have made the decision much easier. But then thinking if we dont go, we will regret not trying it out in years to come, one day i want to go the next i dont!

Good luck with your application

Spoke to the agent today and they informed me it could be as quick as 4-6 weeks. best get saving for the flight

Wow, not long, very exciting, we have flights booked for october but i booked return as I dont think I'll be ready to stay! my husband might stay without me, not too sure yet, theres just so much to sort out here, and honestly have no idea where to start, good luck with it all, i found singapore airlines were the cheapest when i booked, good luck with it all, hope it all runs smoothly for you

Hi

Just wondering if anyone else from Nottingham or midlands on here are in the process of moving to Perth? We are, but I keep changing my mind on a daily basis, i have no idea if we'll ever get there or not! Some days i cant wait to get there other days I just think the whole move is too stressful and daunting, normal feelings i'm sure, but would be good to speak to others in a similar situation

Hiya,

I'm in Nottingham and at the beginning of the process. Hubby will be the main applicant and sat his IELTS nearly 2 weeks ago. I've gathered some docs for vetassess but things have kinda grinded to a halt until we see what he test results are. We're hoping to head to Perth at some point in the next 4 yrs to follow my sister and her family (who are hoping to move next year) but other than that our plans are on hold to give us time to get out of negative equity with our home!

There are just sooo many things to consider. I find it difficult because there is no way of knowing whether all the effort is going to be worth while - will we really have a better life??? There's only one way to find out....

Hiya,

I'm in Nottingham and at the beginning of the process. Hubby will be the main applicant and sat his IELTS nearly 2 weeks ago. I've gathered some docs for vetassess but things have kinda grinded to a halt until we see what he test results are. We're hoping to head to Perth at some point in the next 4 yrs to follow my sister and her family (who are hoping to move next year) but other than that our plans are on hold to give us time to get out of negative equity with our home!

There are just sooo many things to consider. I find it difficult because there is no way of knowing whether all the effort is going to be worth while - will we really have a better life??? There's only one way to find out....

These are exactly my thoughts! We have a good life here, I can't see us matching it, although the sun will be shining! Where in Nottingham are you from? Have you got your house up for sale yet? Think the selling the house part is one of the hardest, we've moved 3 times since starting our application, each time saying as soon as its sold we'll make the move!

Guest returntoaus

We're also moving to Perth....somtime next year!! Slightly different as I'm originally from Perth, but it has been so long since I lived there that it feels like a new move. Trying to get my head around organising the move - my husband getting his visa, selling the house, buying the flights, leaving our jobs, handing back the car. Not sure how will manage to do all that in order!! Then there is getting to Perth, getting new jobs, house, car etc. Guess we have a while to plan it!

Guest returntoaus

But...we were there in March / April and I can say hands down it is the right place for us and our young family. And we too have a great life here - good jobs, company car, low mortgage, nice house, great friends. Will be hard to leave but no doubts.

Wre moving from Leicester to WA on a 457 visa.....can't wait to get out to Oz but we have so much to sort out here still :mad:

I'm in Leicester too :) when are you moving and where abouts are you heading too? We fly on the 13th February :)

These are exactly my thoughts! We have a good life here, I can't see us matching it, although the sun will be shining! Where in Nottingham are you from? Have you got your house up for sale yet? Think the selling the house part is one of the hardest, we've moved 3 times since starting our application, each time saying as soon as its sold we'll make the move!

3 times and you still haven't managed it lol What do you think it'll take to finally push you over the edge to just do it? Have you got your current house on the market?

I keep on having to remind myself that at the end of the day we could come back if needed and would have gained an amazing experience of living in another country with a different culture etc.

Our home is in negative equity so won't be on the market for another year or two yet, by which time I praying house prices may have started moving back in the right direction. Hmm, not holding my breath on that one! If we sell it before we're ready to go then I think we'd move into rented as it's easier to just walk away from when the time it right. I'm aiming for validation trip in 2013/14 and then move over there 14/15. Only time will tell I suppose!

Guest Nickyjrowland
Hi

Hi Rebecca,

We are from long eaton Nottingham and are making the move on a 176 visa, flights booked for 15th October one way!! It has been much quicker than anticipated as we were thinking Feb next year but I got a job offer and relocation package we couldn't turn down. We have a 1 and a 3 year old and grandparents making me feel very guilty at taking them to Australia :( I have my up and down days questioning if doing the right thing as I love my job here! But ultimately I think these opportunities don't come along very often and sometimes you just have to experience these things as I don't want to look back with regrets!! Doesn't make it any easier though :(

Have you got accommodation booked? We are staying in Balcatta for 8 weeks when we firs get there.

Nicky

Hi Rebecca,

We are from long eaton Nottingham and are making the move on a 176 visa, flights booked for 15th October one way!! It has been much quicker than anticipated as we were thinking Feb next year but I got a job offer and relocation package we couldn't turn down. We have a 1 and a 3 year old and grandparents making me feel very guilty at taking them to Australia :( I have my up and down days questioning if doing the right thing as I love my job here! But ultimately I think these opportunities don't come along very often and sometimes you just have to experience these things as I don't want to look back with regrets!! Doesn't make it any easier though :(

Have you got accommodation booked? We are staying in Balcatta for 8 weeks when we firs get there.

Nicky

Wow not long for you then, you must be so excited/nervous, good luck with the move, we go the week after you on the 22nd October, and we don't have accommodation booked yet, I keep changing my mind on areas! I nearly booked a house in secret harbour at the weekend, but wasn't 100% sure, I really need to get the accommodation booked ASAP, but it's not helped having no recommendations, apart from one who I emailed twice and they never got back to me!

Shelley we have our house on the market, we had an offer on Monday, which turned down on Tuesday, so just waiting to see if they put in a higher offer or not, I think the main reason for us not having made the move is financial, we have no jobs to go to, so we need to make sure that when we do go we have enough money, I have no family at all, there's just me left so that's not a tie for me. I think it's the thought of making the move with children and a house full of stuff and dog and cat to rehome etc. that just fills me with dread!

Shelley we have our house on the market, we had an offer on Monday, which turned down on Tuesday, so just waiting to see if they put in a higher offer or not, I think the main reason for us not having made the move is financial, we have no jobs to go to, so we need to make sure that when we do go we have enough money, I have no family at all, there's just me left so that's not a tie for me. I think it's the thought of making the move with children and a house full of stuff and dog and cat to rehome etc. that just fills me with dread!

There's just soo much to do it's easy to see why we feel a little overwhelmed at times! One minute I want to do it all asap and feel in a hurry to begin a new life at the other end of the world, then other times I'm happy to just plod along in my current comfortable life continuing to take everything for granted. We will get there in the end. We're in colwick, whereabouts are you?

Wow not long for you then, you must be so excited/nervous, good luck with the move, we go the week after you on the 22nd October, and we don't have accommodation booked yet, I keep changing my mind on areas! I nearly booked a house in secret harbour at the weekend, but wasn't 100% sure, I really need to get the accommodation booked ASAP

Try perthfunishedrentals.

Paul.

wow, Highfields!! heard all about it lol. We are near glenfield. How are liking Oz? we can't wait to be out there :) Do you miss Leicester at all?haha

Don't miss highfields, but there are things I miss. A good curry, a decent pub, good beer and beer that doesn't require a mortgage and the market.

But Oz is good. Looking forward to summer coming back and days on the beach

We're already in Oz, not Perth, Adeliade but originally from Nottingham way. Like you it took us over 3 years to get our visa and we finally moved out here last September. Our lifes changed so much in those 3 years from deciding that we wanted to move here to getting the visa and I sometimes wonder if the visa had come through earlier things would have been different for us. We are returning home in October as things haven't worked out for us for a number of reasons. But, saying that we don't regret coming as we would have always wondered 'what if'. I had a few wobbles before we left but my hubby was so excited and couldn't wait to get here and now we have both realised our life was better in the UK and can't wait to get back!

Good luck to you all making the decision/moving over here!

Archived