What choice of trade to make in moving to Oz

Guest warren1981

Guest warren1981

Hi All,

New to the forum/site but have a few questions that i'm hoping some of you guys may be able to help with!

Myself and my other half are thinking of moving to Oz late next year (2013), having looked around on the net at the skilled migrant process, I am unsure on what is the best option for me to get skill assessed on. Below is a bit about my experiece and qualifications:

HNC Building Services (HVAC), C&G 2079 F-Gas (Air con), Qualified UK Gas engineer through the ACS/gas safe scheme, 7 years working within the M&E industry working on mechanical services.

Aside from my qualifications above I have also got the Engineering Technician status from CIBSE which has a mutual recognition from engineers australia as a chartered engineering associate.

I suppose, what i'm asking is what people would recommend as the best route to take in getting out to Oz next year as a skilled migrant? What trades are more in demand? Would it be as a general Plumber based on the above skills (even though I have no formal plumbing qualifications)?

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks

342111 Airconditioning and Refrigeration Mechanic

334112 Airconditioning and Mechanical Services Plumber

maybe, im no expert. Why dont you have a chat with a migration agent as well, as it seems you skills are not so clear cut compared to a plumber who is time served and been doing it for 15 years.

Aircon has been in demand since for ever..... good skill to have I would imagine.

Good luck

Just be aware plumbers and gasfitters require state licencing once your here before you can work un supervised ,this is despite any trade recognition youve done to get the visa. This can cost and can take a while so check whats required in the profession you apply for in the State your looking at.

Good Luck

Cal x

Archived