DIY application of 309 / 100 partner visa

Jonleahy

Hi there this does not bode well with my attempting to DIY apply for an 309 / 100 visa for migration by a partner.

My wife and I live in N Ireland we have been married for 5 years and have two kids ( 6 and 4) together.

My wife and her first child ( now 18) were born in Australia and have Australian passports.

The two younger kids both have Australian citizenship.

My question is the first question on the form

How many family members (including the applicant) are included in this application for migration?

My gut tells me it is 1 – me but it could be the time of night ( in the middle of night shift ) or it could be the fear of losing nearly £1400 by filling out the form incorrectly after all I’m questioning myself on question 1, or more likely it is the knowledge that official bureaucrat's don’t think like everyone else that leads me to ask does anyone know what I should enter there 1 or 5?

Thanks

Jonathan

Thanks for the quick response yeah that is what I was thinking but when the form is in front of you and looking throught it ...... I just wasn't sure.

I'm going throught it and doing a rough fill and noting what additional info I need aghh.

Thanks again

Yes I will work through it, and it really is good to have a place like this for support with people that have already been throught it, as well as people who are currently going through the process, Thanks again

Ps I might be annoying some peoples heads before the form is in the post

PPs Since it is a partners visa I'm appling for assuming I'm successful is there any time limit before we make the hop over to Oz, as the housing market here is still not showing any signs of recovery it could take a while to sell my humble abode.

You need to validate the visa within 12 months of the medical or police check (i.e. enter Oz), just like any other visa - but if you're not ready to move by then you can always do it as a holiday/reccie and then I THINK (others will remember better than me) you've got up to 5 years to enter permanently.

Jon (my pommie husband) was keen to come over ASAP in any case so we didn't worry too much about the expiry dates - more about when he'd get the visa!

Yes it's just you that you're applying for as the younger kids have citizenship by descent. We are in the same situation and i wasnt sure if our daughter was a dependant or not. But for the sakes of the form she isn't as she can have her own Aussie passport therefore no need to apply for residence . The forms are daft- like saying you have to get Aussie witnesses ( but then if you can't it doesn't matter! So what was the point in stipulating an Aussie?!)We aren't quite ready to apply yet but I keep popping on to the forum to read bits and pieces- it's really helpful! Also waiting for some improvement in the housing market! Good luck with you application.

Hi

yep, agree with JoandJon. Due to the length of your relationship, you will be eligible to go straight to the 100 PR visa. So this will be valid for initial entry until a year after your meds or police check, whichever is earlier, but your initial entry can easily be for a holiday or reccie. You have 5 years to actually move.

Archived