Neawly Assesed teacher

swintonfan

My wife has just gone through the process of having her Teaching qualifications assesed.

She has been given provisional registration but not full.

I just wondered if this is normal. Like most things it seems that she cannot do certain things because of this.

She qualified years ago as a techer in UK and has worked for many years and even been recognised in another country also.

We are in queesland so wondered if anyone else had gone through the process before and if this is normal?

thanks in advance

Morning,

I got registered a couple of months ago and they put me on provisional too. From what I read on the Vict website , I got the impression that you have teach x hours and then you get to permanent status. I got the impression it's like you have to go through do an NQT type process.

This is prob same as in South Australia where I am. I graduated 5 years ago but becuase of PT work outside schools, I have not made the hours to qualify as a full(?) teacher. It doesn't really effect anything, as I can see, other than your registration. Just wait till she has the hours and update the reg. If in doubt ring Registration board and ask.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest clearyel

Hi all!

I am due to arrive in NSW in November, on a PR visa with my hubby.

I have a 3 year B.Ed degree and my Statement of Eligibility states I will need to do further study to get up to date with the 4 year Australian teaching qualification- can anyone help me with how and what I need to do??

Can I still do supply work with this??

Thanks so much!!

Archived