Switching from a 457 visa to a working holiday visa......help??

mzibob

Hi everyone. Can anyone give me some advice.....!

I'm currently on a 457 sponsorship visa which is shortly coming to an end. My plan is to switch to my WHV so I can travel oz for a while.

Has anybody done this?? My question is, how long did your visa take to be granted? Also have any nurses out there done this?? Did you have to do another medical examination (I have current APRHA registration and currently work as a nurse). And lastly, were you able to submit the application online??

Thanks!

I am sure someone else will know the exact answer but to get granted the WHV is really quick if sudmitted online. I have heard some getting granted in hours and others no longer then a week. You shouldn't have to sudmit any medicals unless you have been in certain countries. I am not sure how it works from the 457 to the WHV, but I am sure somebody else will.

Hi, you have to be off shore to apply for a WHV, so you could fly to NZ or some where else near ish and apply, waiting for it to be granted which wouldn't normally be more than a few days, then you can return to Oz on a WHV. No medical needed i don't think if you don't have any health problems! My visa took ten mins to be granted and I did it online, most applications for WHV are done online now. Check out the working holiday section on immi.gov.au

As britchic states you must be offshore to lodge this visa - if you apply onshore - your grant of the WHV would override 457, and the WHV would be invalid - as you need to re-enter Australia to Validate the visa.

You may need to do another medical if you state on your application that you will be working as a Nurse on the WHV, but as you have already had a medical you may not need to do it.

You will just have to apply and see.