British Pensions frozen

Truchazul

Hi

I am currently waiting for a start date with an employment agency in Perth hope they hurry up this waiting is getting frustrating, I also receive news through the bobinoz web sit where his latest info has been on British pensions and why the British pension is frozen in OZ and has provided a link to partition the British government to stop this antiquated system on our pensions by all British parties in power, please all members on PIO take a look and sign this partition now as it closes 8th September lets make the British governments pay the right amount we should be getting don't forget those that have been paying tax and stamp prior to moving will have payed the full amount demanded by the tax system here so lets get what we deserve. SIGN THE PARTITION NOW!

Guest The Pom Queen

I have moved your thread as it was in Vistas forum and although I'm sure Andrew would like to help I don't think he can change the governments mind.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

This government and others in the past are lowlife parasites, who line their own pockets and rob our hard working pensioners, it doesn't get any worse than that, but politicians are not thought of as reptiles for nothing. Nice idea, but they won't take any notice, it's not a case of letting them win, or not doing anything about it, they simply have no morals.

I understand that there are a number of pensioners who are now finding it very difficult to live in Australia and other countries due to the problem of their UK pensions being frozen. As a result many are returning to the UK (we are even considering this ourselves in the future if the exchange rate doesn't improve )and this is costing the government much more in the long run in social security payments and healthcare costs so maybe they will take another look at this.

Hi

I am currently waiting for a start date with an employment agency in Perth hope they hurry up this waiting is getting frustrating, I also receive news through the bobinoz web sit where his latest info has been on British pensions and why the British pension is frozen in OZ and has provided a link to partition the British government to stop this antiquated system on our pensions by all British parties in power, please all members on PIO take a look and sign this partition now as it closes 8th September lets make the British governments pay the right amount we should be getting don't forget those that have been paying tax and stamp prior to moving will have payed the full amount demanded by the tax system here so lets get what we deserve. SIGN THE PARTITION NOW!

I would love to partition the British Government.....give them a taste of their own medicine eh.

I think Bob Carr raised the frozen pension issue again with Hague when he went to the UK back in March...but they have a history of just not listening. Australia are also worried about former UK residents who become unable to support themselves when they become pensioners, thus putting unfair pressure on the Australian system. Why should they pick up the tab?

Archived