defacto visa phone interview questions - advise please!

AdamHb

Hi all and thanks for your time.

Background info - Im British and my lady is Australian, we are living in london and applied for our difacto visa from here.

We met in Australia nearly 2 years ago and have travelled Australia and NZ together and now here in the UK.

We submitted our application on 31/05/12 and recieved our pic's and flight itineries back in the post as i believe he does not need to keep these once viewed.

since this i have heard nothing else but he emailed me asking to do a phone interview!

Looking to see what questions he will ask.

If you can remember any, please post them.

Thanks!

I've not heard of this happening to a British applicant. From the people I have seen have them it is nothing major. Asking you questions about your relationship, nothing that wouldn't have been told to them on your forms and declarations. They would then phone your partner and ask them the same stuff straight after, no time for you to talk to them. Answers match, you're good to go.

Yeah, just make sure you have a list on you of the milestone dates (or at least months) that you first met/got together/got married/met the parents/etc...

edit to add: clearly you haven't got married since you're defacto, I just put that in as an example of a milestone... :embarrassed:

Guest GeorgeD
I've not heard of this happening to a British applicant. From the people I have seen have them it is nothing major. Asking you questions about your relationship, nothing that wouldn't have been told to them on your forms and declarations. They would then phone your partner and ask them the same stuff straight after, no time for you to talk to them. Answers match, you're good to go.

Same here, never heard of Uk applicant being asked for this. It's more common for High Risk country applicants.

I would write down all the key dates so you both know them...my wife said in the first draft of her stat dec that we met in December when it was acutally June...it's amazing how people forget things they shouldn't! At least if you have them agreed in advance you shouldn't make any glaring mistakes.

Google it! There are lots of pages of questions from people aroudn the world. Most of the questions seem to be just cofnirming everything you have put on your application anyway....where/when you met, where/when you met each other's family, joint commitments you have, plans for the future, etc. There has been mention of other things being asked like, what brand of shampoo does your partner use, what side of the bed do they sleep on, etc, but if you live together you'll actually know the answers to these anyway, so don't worry about it!

Archived