Our boy and girl fly from the Uk to melbourne tonight!! Huge thanks to Golden Arrow

jasperyogi

Well after 4 long weeks under the lovely care of the team at Goldren Arrow, Dougle and Kaya leave them today to make the trip over to us in Melbourne. We cant wait to see them on Thursday Yahooooo :biggrin:

Counting down the days, hours, minutes and seconds.............

I must say goldren arrow have been absolutely fantastic and we would highly recommend them to anyone flying their pets anywhere :yes:

I know dougle and kaya will miss them (especially fizz!!) and we will miss the chats and updates!

:laugh: just been checking, they departed 17mins late but due into singapore 10mins early (must have good tail wind :yes:)

I just hope they sleep all the way, cant wait till tomorrow morning then we can relax. Spotswood recommend giving them 24hrs to settle, 1 second after that we will be there!

This all brings back memories, I know just how you feel, anxious, happy and so excited .... everything will be fine, I actually think the pets have a better journey than we do, no one reclining seats in front of them and no dodgy airplane food :wink:

They will be fine, honest,.

Relax and just think about the times ahead of you all in OZ, imagine all those lovely trips to the beach and those afternoons out in the park.

Good luck :hug:

So pleased for you - we brought our 2 labs over 7 months ago and used Golden Arrow who are the nicest bunch of people I have ever met.

Your doggies will love it here - mine love the beach and all the new parks that we keep finding for them!

Oh this brings back sweet memories, I remember my MIL saying ´isn´t she brave´when we rang to tell her that our little girl was in Singapore ..... they are so brave ..... they will be relaxing now dreaming of seeing you again shortly, ours did 6 weeks in quarantine because we shipped her earlier .... we had left her with our elderly parents and worried it was a bit too much for them, but it went fairly quickly. 4 weeks will go quickly, plus you will go and see them.

They are such lucky dogs to have such loving and caring Mummy and Daddy

Ok couldn't stay in bed any longer, had to check if they landed on time and they landed 30mins early so....................................................

THEY ARE IN MELBOURNE!!! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :laugh:

Cant wait till we see then tomorrow!! Its been a long 4 weeks without them, but at least we can visit them for the next 4 weeks :wink:

If they arrived on the 6am flight then they're probably on the way back there now (Spotswood is only 30mins max from the airport in traffic, and there won't be much traffic at this time).

Give them time to unload and set all the new arrivals up - I'd say wait to call until late morning (definitely after 10am - maybe closer to 11am)

:)

Yeah we rang them at 11am and they are settling fine. Spotswood informed us that they had travelled well and just had to get over the jet lag, they were fast asleep :laugh:

Will be there tomorrow to give them that huge hug, if I can wrestle the children off them first!!

We finally got to see our boy and girl today and it soooooo fab to see them again!! Our Siberian husky was as if she had seen us yesterday hee hee, big kisses jumping all over us and not at all affected by the experience of getting here. She ate her treats and started playing with us. Our Old English sheepdog stood at the back of the kennel when we first set eyes on him looking scared. Then he urinated where he stood! Nothing new him being scared really, as he is scared of mostly everything, he is such a big softy. But it was strange to see him acting so nervous in kennel as its not a new experience for either of them other than its another different kennel.. So I think he is a little stressed over the traveling side of it all. So I went in, bent down called him, he looked at us all for about 3 seconds and that was it. He flew at us. He was bouncing from one of us to the other, we were all soaked with all the licking. He didn't want any treats or to play with their new toys for the first half hour was just wanting to be with us. It was so heart warming bless him. He then gobbled his treats down in one hee hee.So we will be back there tomorrow to spend another few hours playing in the grasses area. We were really impressed that they had been seen in the first 24hrs of landing by the vet and all paperwork completed so we were able to take them straight over to the grasses area and just play! Just counting down the days till the 24th august when they come home.

Thanks for all your support peeps, will keep you informed of how they are getting on in there xxx

Guest shaunaforoz

Delighted to hear they made it safe and sound....it doesnt seem to matter what happens a dog will always be deligthed to see you.

What is that old saying........Try locking your husband and your dog in the boot of your car and leaving them there for two hours. Go back and open the boot and guess who will still be delighted to see you :wink:

Archived