****Offshore Partner Visa 309 (Submitted in England) - How long/Where are you at????

Guest LauriandBen

Guest LauriandBen

Hi All,

Not sure if there is another thread concerning the same thing (I couldn't find one), but I was hoping if anyone in the same boat as my partner and I could post their Partner visa 309 application timelines.

My partner Ben and I submitted ours last week to the Australian embassy in England. It is complete with police checks etc. and has been paid for. At the moment I only have the embassy's website processing times to go by, but I have been told a few different things. Our close friends applied for the same visa and it was granted in 2 days! Also, our migration agent has suggested that ours could be processed in around 4-6 weeks as it is a pretty straight forward application. My partner and I have been together nearly 4 years, he is English and I am Australian by birth, neither of us have any criminal history, we have a house together etc and it is only him applying so it's pretty straight forward.

Has anyone else been through this or currently going through the process?

:-) Lauri

Guest LauriandBen

Theirs was processed a few months ago, where did you find out that it was 6-8 months? The Australian embassy told me up to 5 months. :-/

Guest GeorgeD

Here's the best resource for this visa:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/58449-summary-spouse-visa-processing-times-offshore-uk-please-add-your-stats.html

The latest posts are by the people most recently applying for this visa. As Rupert has said, the processing time is around the 6 month mark I believe. Once in a blue moon someone randomly gets issued one really quickly. This is a complete and utter fluke, and probably breaks more than a few rules in processing internally! It probably only takes a day or two for most applications to be assessed, but DIAC tell you there is a time to wait, and that is the time you must wait as far as they are concerned. It is incredibly frustrating, but there is pretty much nothing you can do about it. Sit back and relax and enjoy the ride!

On the plus side, if you have been together 4 years and provided evidence to confirm this, and have no medical or criminal issues then the granting of the visa is pretty much a formality and you have nothing to worry about...except the wait.