Can't get Telstra Internet with no credit history in oz

Scuba Dan

I can only tell you the deal we are on now, as I cannot remember 3 yrs back. Right now we pay for internet ( more usage than we can use, think its 200 gb), home phone ( free local calls cheap international) and foxtel every channel, this costs $215 with multi room too ( we have foxtel in 2 rooms, one has the playback, pause and record function, so we can record programmes on to it)

Do you know what your "bundle" is called. We are arriving 30 July and trying to decide (head hurts now) which phone/broadband/Foxtel way to go. We were quoted by Telstra for $260/month - for "T-Bundle Connector Pinnacle

Entertainment bundle"

which includes all Foxtel channels but not multiroom. The download was 500gb/month and unlimited local, std and mobile calls. I would like to try and choose a "bundle" that sounds just what you have got and for that price. So it would be helpful.

I have looked at IINET but losing the will to live after trying to compare both. Telstra probably are a bit like BT and IINet a sort of niche internet provider from my limited expertise in all this.

Do you know what your "bundle" is called. We are arriving 30 July and trying to decide (head hurts now) which phone/broadband/Foxtel way to go. We were quoted by Telstra for $260/month - for "T-Bundle Connector Pinnacle

Entertainment bundle"

which includes all Foxtel channels but not multiroom. The download was 500gb/month and unlimited local, std and mobile calls. I would like to try and choose a "bundle" that sounds just what you have got and for that price. So it would be helpful.

I have looked at IINET but losing the will to live after trying to compare both. Telstra probably are a bit like BT and IINet a sort of niche internet provider from my limited expertise in all this.

We had the same issue....if you're getting quotes already I assume you know where you're going to be living , and you know whether it's fibre connected (cable) or copper (phone line) and how far the property is from the local exchange to estimate internet speeds?

We ended up getting a Telstra landline on the basic home package for about £22.95 a month i think, just to give us the means to connect to the internet.

We got internet access via Club Telco using this Telstra landline, which we never use for phone calls.

The advantage of this is that there is no minimum 1 or 2 yr contract with Club Telco so you can cancel at short notice with no penalty, unlimited data limit with no cap, and it's $40 per month. Basically....it will work as fast as your telephone line can manage.

We use Skype via the internet for all calls made from home (UK and Oz calls are 3 cents a minute), so don't have to pay Telstra anything for a phone bundle that we might not use.

We got Foxtel through Foxtel themselves with their own IQHD box and satellite dish, and didn't take the Telstra-bundled T-box with Foxtel "addon" which is a bit naff. The Telstra T Box needs an internet connection and uses data, so you're more dependent on the speed of your internet line...we just thought we'd rather get TV via satellite so there's a bit of independence there and the darn thing just works on its own.

We had to go into a 12 month contract for that, but the bargaining chip was we get Sport free for 6 months which will cover the Olympics on 8 HD channels, plus the sport package here is really good.

https://www.clubtelco.com/broadband_compare_plans.html

Entertainer everyday

It includes

Line rental

family calls benefit

Unlimited local calls free

unlimited calls to telstra mobiles

bigpond cable 200gb (internet)

Foxtel platinum IQ (includes recording, pause and playback)

$200 pr month + we pay an extra $15 for multi room with basic foxtel box.

Entertainment bundle"

Entertainer everyday

It includes

Line rental

family calls benefit

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I will have a look at that. I have (well got the husband to) apply for just the telephone and broadband so at least we have the basics when we arrive. Will see if teenagers can survive without Foxtel and then probably subscribe later. Due to fly 26th July and feel more disorganised than at any other time. Packing and sorting what goes in excess and what goes in suitcase. Then straight into school and house viewing when we get there. Can't wait until we are settled and kick back , have a drink and relax for a while. I guess you have put all that in the back of your mind as you have been in Perth a couple of years now. Thanks again .

Entertainer everyday

It includes

Line rental

family calls benefit

We have this too, and also we have 2 mobile phones on the package, and it costs $ 290 a month, we have had no problems.

Archived