The Higgs Boson Explained.

jhampa

Guest Guest66881

This is a milestone in human achievement's, bigger than the moon landing.

It goes a long way to proving that we are indeed here through accidental events rather than the story of some 'higher' being.

Think of an orange as an atom, cut open the orange and take a pip out, swallow the pip and the next day look for it in your poo, wash it and then swallow it again for several days after about a week it will be half the size it started at....Keep doing this for several weeks, eventually you will not be able to find it.....that my friend. Is the Higgs Bosun.

It goes a long way to proving that we are indeed here through accidental events rather than the story of some 'higher' being.

I'm not going to get into any more God arguments on here but while I agree it is a potential giant step forward it still won't explain where the ingredients for accident came from. IMO (hastily added) :wink:

I wouldn't say accidental events, although it may appear to us like that at the moment.

Think of an orange as an atom, cut open the orange and take a pip out, swallow the pip and the next day look for it in your poo, wash it and then swallow it again for several days after about a week it will be half the size it started at....Keep doing this for several weeks, eventually you will not be able to find it.....that my friend. Is the Higgs Bosun.

Now that I understand - in a kinda grossed out way - I`ve been looking at articles on websites etc and usually all I can hear is a whooshing sound as it flies over my head!!

Kinda proves atheists correct, according to a bunch of scientists on radio4 last night, this is the big bang.

Cool I love that programme- Sheldon is sooo funny (sorry , I`m sorry ok - I just couldn`t resist) - now do you understand why every other explaination apart from your one about the poo & orange went over my head!!!

Guest Guest66881

the name

‘God particle’ was a joke by another academic who originally called it the ‘goddamn particle’ because it was so hard to find.

Archived