489 family sponsor visa advise please

Hi

We are looking at the 489 family sponsored visa...

I know it takes a bit longer than the State sponsor.

We want to go to WA and Hubby needs to be able to work any where in Perth and this will allow him to do that.

I'm on the list as childcare manager just wanted to know if we get a visa how long before you have to be in Oz? Can you just validate this visa or not by going into OZ....

Just trying to get as money together as poss.

Hi

We are looking at the 489 family sponsored visa...

I know it takes a bit longer than the State sponsor.

We want to go to WA and Hubby needs to be able to work any where in Perth and this will allow him to do that.

I'm on the list as childcare manager just wanted to know if we get a visa how long before you have to be in Oz? Can you just validate this visa or not by going into OZ....

Just trying to get as money together as poss.

You can validate the visa by going to Australia yes, but it isn't a great idea to delay a move with the provisional visa as you only have a certain amount of time to prove you have lived and worked in a designated area before you are eligible to apply for the permanent visa. If you leave it too long, you might not have chance to qualify for the next stage.

You can validate the visa by going to Australia yes, but it isn't a great idea to delay a move with the provisional visa as you only have a certain amount of time to prove you have lived and worked in a designated area before you are eligible to apply for the permanent visa. If you leave it too long, you might not have chance to qualify for the next stage.

Ok thanks hadn't thought about that.

Another question on this visa can we get free schools for the kids?

• 8 months later...

Hi.

I hope you dont mind me jumping in on your thread but just after a bit of info if possible.

I am looking at the different visa's and looked briefly at the family sponsorship though it doesn't say if the family member sponsoring you needs to have a certain amount of money to do so??

It would be my brother sponsoring me but as he lives in Karratha WA would we have to live there awell or could we go to the Perth area?

Thank You Vikkey x

Hi.

I hope you dont mind me jumping in on your thread but just after a bit of info if possible.

I am looking at the different visa's and looked briefly at the family sponsorship though it doesn't say if the family member sponsoring you needs to have a certain amount of money to do so??

It would be my brother sponsoring me but as he lives in Karratha WA would we have to live there awell or could we go to the Perth area?

Thank You Vikkey x

No the eligible family member sponsoring an applicant does not have to disclose his or her financial state of affairs. As long as the eligible family member sponsoring you resides in a "designated area" which includes the whole of WA then you can reside/work in any other "designated area" within Australia.

Jonny

No the eligible family member sponsoring an applicant does not have to disclose his or her financial state of affairs. As long as the eligible family member sponsoring you resides in a "designated area" which includes the whole of WA then you can reside/work in any other "designated area" within Australia.

Jonny

Perhaps I'm mixing something up in my head, but doesn't the sponsoring family member have to give an AoS (Assurance of Support), like a hefty sum of money (aka a bond) ?

Perhaps I'm mixing something up in my head, but doesn't the sponsoring family member have to give an AoS (Assurance of Support), like a hefty sum of money (aka a bond) ?

Thats what I thought, but I have looked on all forms and eligibility and it doesnt mention it x

We thought the same, but Johnny has his 489 FS, so he will know as he has "come out the other side" and knows his Onions.:biggrin:

We had to get our sponsor to do a Stat Dec (form on DIAC website) which did say they would offer a place to stay, advice and support if called upon. They have not had to produce any financial information whatsoever. They were asked for a rates notice and utility bill to prove that they lived in a designated area and were Australian citizens.

Our sponsor lives in QLD, so a completely state to where we are hoping to go. We want to go to Perth.

Could anyone tell me what the relative in question has to do in terms of time and that please? Thanks in advance.

Are you asking if they have to say they will spend a certain amount of time with you? If so, there is nothing on the paperwork that says they have to do that. As said, our sponsor is in a different state, so our time with them will be spent on the telephone and skype and the occasional visits to catch up.

There is a certain amount of responsibility for the sponsor in that they are guaranteeing that they will maintain that you are helped to settle in, find employment and accommodation and to offer general support to help you to settle in a new country and environment. I am sure the sponsor's help will be invaluable as for one they will know you well and two they will genuinely want to help you. We have found it invaluable to have someone on the other end of a phone, email, skype to offer support and assistance and we have not got there yet. We know that this will continue if we do ever get there.

Our sponsor has not been contacted by DIAC at all and our CO has said that our assessment is complete save for my meds.

Archived