EOI invitation received

dinkydoo

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today we got our invitation. 489 visa sponsored by WA.

Now I gotta figure out where to actually lodge an application. Lol

Anyone got an idea if the ststem for lodging an application starts at midnight sharp on august 11th like with the EOI submission?

Guest abhishek
For everyone waiting for their EOI invitation, check out the thread below I just posted about temporary limits from DIAC.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/157695-diac-impose-temporary-limit-eoi-invitations.html

Hi,

Any idea for 189 (SI) visa, and it's first round of invitation to be send by DIAC for month July 2012.

Will similar limits will be applied for 189 also?

Abhi

Hi,

Any idea for 189 (SI) visa, and it's first round of invitation to be send by DIAC for month July 2012.

Will similar limits will be applied for 189 also?

Abhi

I think Limit mentioned per state is per Occupation, in Migration BLOG earlier they mentioned no Monthly capping for Invitation, but now it seems things r different.

August 1st is not far... lets wait & see

Hello People....Trying to help out my cousin to apply for the Skilled - Nominated (subclass 190) visa from what I understand by reading the FAQ(http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/faqs/#faq86649) section is that before applying for the EOI , you need to have skills assessment and the IELTS completed if you need it for applying the EOI. Just want to confirm if this is the path you guys have followed :) Cheers.

[h=2][/h]

Guest abhishek
I think Limit mentioned per state is per Occupation, in Migration BLOG earlier they mentioned no Monthly capping for Invitation, but now it seems things r different.

August 1st is not far... lets wait & see

Thanks a lot for the info.. I think we should wait for August & see how DIAC will set limit for each occupation under 189 visa.

(But again it will be totally against what they claimed in their migration blog, that no monthly capping will be done!).

Guest abhishek
Hello People....Trying to help out my cousin to apply for the Skilled - Nominated (subclass 190) visa from what I understand by reading the FAQ(http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/faqs/#faq86649) section is that before applying for the EOI , you need to have skills assessment and the IELTS completed if you need it for applying the EOI. Just want to confirm if this is the path you guys have followed :) Cheers.

Yes for submitting complete EOI, both the things is needed!

Thanks a lot for the info.. I think we should wait for August & see how DIAC will set limit for each occupation under 189 visa.

(But again it will be totally against what they claimed in their migration blog, that no monthly capping will be done!).

The whole purpose of skill select is to control the number of applications that DIAC receives. The monthly capping will only be for number of invites and not for occupation. And its up to the State to nominate people from different occupations as per their requirement using the quota alloted to them. There can't be limit set per occupation as each State's requirement will vary.

The whole purpose of skill select is to control the number of applications that DIAC receives. The monthly capping will only be for number of invites and not for occupation. And its up to the State to nominate people from different occupations as per their requirement using the quota alloted to them. There can't be limit set per occupation as each State's requirement will vary.

A-ha, i think get the meaning now, I read this but was not able to quite link how it will work

So if 75k is annual invitation planned, they will stop perhaps at 6k Invite per month, regardless of occupation. However, Applicant down the rank wont get invite - once his specific occupation ceiling is reached, allowing lower rank applicant with a different Occupation code to get Invite.

So if 75k is annual invitation planned, they will stop perhaps at 6k Invite per month, regardless of occupation. However, Applicant down the rank wont get invite - once his specific occupation ceiling is reached, allowing lower rank applicant with a different Occupation code to get Invite.

Exactly..

Anyone has an official URL that claims the system is down until August 11th?

Because at our invitation nothing was mentioned. So officially we don't know we can't apply yet.

Edit: E-mailed them and got a reply. August 11th it is :)

Guest yafetberhe

Today, I was contacted by a recruiter in the resource and mining industry via my SkillSelect, who also requested my CV and a follow-up discussion via phone. Although the recruiter is based in QLD, I'm quite interested to see what this organization can offer me in the way of employment in other states. The only downside is that it's for a 457.

Either way, it's good to see that correspondences are finding their way out of SkillSelect.

Today, I was contacted by a recruiter in the resource and mining industry via my SkillSelect, who also requested my CV and a follow-up discussion via phone. Although the recruiter is based in QLD, I'm quite interested to see what this organization can offer me in the way of employment in other states. The only downside is that it's for a 457.

Either way, it's good to see that correspondences are finding their way out of SkillSelect.

Great to know. Is it not possible to get sponsored for PR?

Guest yafetberhe
Great to know. Is it not possible to get sponsored for PR?

I'm not current with PIO acronyms. PR?

Guest yafetberhe
PR = permanent residency

Thank you. To Walkwater, I'll have to look into the details for that. I'm not very much aware of the steps between obtaining a 457 and seeking PR.

Thank you. To Walkwater, I'll have to look into the details for that. I'm not very much aware of the steps between obtaining a 457 and seeking PR.

You can apply for PR without first obtaining 457 visa. Have a look at 186 and 187 visa option.

Guest yafetberhe
You can apply for PR without first obtaining 457 visa. Have a look at 186 and 187 visa option.

I see. So if this recruiter inquiry leads to a career placement in Australia, the employer in question can assist me in applying for a visa under the ENS or RSMS, correct?

I see. So if this recruiter inquiry leads to a career placement in Australia, the employer in question can assist me in applying for a visa under the ENS or RSMS, correct?

I guess so. Have you opted for the ENS/RSMS option in the EOI?

Guest yafetberhe
I guess so. Have you opted for the ENS/RSMS option in the EOI?

I did in fact apply for the ENS. However, I didn't realize that this would attract 457 interest.

Archived