Time Frames 176 - How long do I get

deano27

Hi all

I am confused about the length of time we get once the visa has been approved. I have been told this is the next stage, but can someone outline the time to use the Visa as I thought I had 5 years.

Your entry expiry date is related to your medicals and police clearances, 12 months from whichever is done earlier.

So once my visa is approved what are my time frames?? 12 months to get it validated in Australia or is the Embassy in London a possiblity?

Then once validated do I then get a further 3 years to make the move?

Any help appreciated.

:biggrin:

Dean

Sorry I can see this post has been raised a number of times....hopefully the below information still stands???

You have 12 months from date of medicals OR police checks whichever is earliest to validate visa. Your visa is valid for 5 years from date visa was granted. Therefore you have 5 years to make the move.

You dont need to live in Australia 2 out of the 5 years (this is for Resident Return visas). And will only be required if you want to leave Australia - you could make the move over and never leave again you wont need a resident return visa.

Once you have lived in Australia for 4 years you can then apply for citizenship.

Thanks all. I take it you can't get it validated by the Australian Embassy?? In London??

No u have to actually enter Australia to gain a stamp in your passport that activates your visa for. 5 years you find this info with your visa grant letter normally

Regards

Ray

Thanks for all the responses. So one more question if I may?

Once a case officer is assigned is there a timeframe to get the medicals etc completed and therefore start this 12 month validation process.

Thanks Dean

Thanks for all the responses. So one more question if I may?

Once a case officer is assigned is there a timeframe to get the medicals etc completed and therefore start this 12 month validation process.

Thanks Dean

You will be given 28 days to do your medicals and police checks.