what do you and your kids do on the weekend -sunshine coast?

chloe98

just wondered how you spend your weekends on the sunshine coast? is it generally the beach? what about when its cooler or wetwe are currently in Victoria and with the cold wet winter weather its really not much different from uk- ie sitting in house,watching tv, playing xbox etc hoping to move to sunny coast soon and also hoping it might be a bit closer to the outdoorsy life I imagine(have 5 kids- ages 3- 14).would love to hear how you all spend your freetime-(ideally without spending too much money).

just wondered how you spend your weekends on the sunshine coast? is it generally the beach? what about when its cooler or wetwe are currently in Victoria and with the cold wet winter weather its really not much different from uk- ie sitting in house,watching tv, playing xbox etc hoping to move to sunny coast soon and also hoping it might be a bit closer to the outdoorsy life I imagine(have 5 kids- ages 3- 14).would love to hear how you all spend your freetime-(ideally without spending too much money).

Hi Chloe,

we went up to the sunshine coast on our validation trip and the beaches up there are great and the scenery fantastic, where about's are you going?

Where to start?

Beautiful beaches. Watching whales and dolphins from Noosa national park. Learn to surf/swim/dive. Kayaking the everglades. Carlos sandblow and the magnificence of the sandy national park. Eumundi market for all the hippy sh1t. Bush walks in the Glasshouse mountains. Day trip to Fraser Island to swim at Mackenzie and watch the dingoes. Day trip to Moreton Island to snorkel the Tangalooma wrecks. Big city an hour and a half away by train of car for international sports, big name concerts etc. Underwater world, Australia zoo and a very big pineapple

Stuck in your house because of the rain is madness as. It in in th uk, believe or not skin s waterproof and I ave never let the wether dictate what I wnt to do.....init I really enjoy running in the rin as it keeps you cool.

Stuck in your house because of the rain is madness as. It in in th uk, believe or not skin s waterproof and I ave never let the wether dictate what I wnt to do.....init I really enjoy running in the rin as it keeps you cool.

are you on the scotch pb? your spelling has gone skewiff on this last post :confused::err::cute:

Millie x

I probably wouldn't do the water sports this time of year - a bit too chilly in the water for me. Also with the sea breeze 20C doesn't feel that warm.

We are in Brisbane and do quite a lot of outdoor stuff (in between all the jobs/shopping etc!) - wildlife parks, normal parks if we get around to it we will take our bikes out later. We have been to feed the turtles that live nearby, lots of festivals around.

Does rain up here too though - first 4 days of the school holidays last week solidly!

sounds fantastic jonmitch.we are hoping to go to somewhere near maroochydore/ sippy downs Andy.

and yes I am aware that skin is waterproof but dragging 5 kids out in the pissing rain when its 6 degrees to trail thru mud,rain and wind isn't that much fun. .we don't have the money to take them to indoor places-cinema,bowling etc.at least queensland rain should be a wee bit warmer :)

Hi

My youngest goes longboarding. Spends hours in the gym. Rock climbs at Glasshouse all the spare time he can, weather permitting. Summer will be beach - boogie boarding I'm sure, lol. Spends hardly anytime on xbox etc... Life is what you choose to make it, get out there and have FUN!!

Hi

My youngest goes longboarding. Spends hours in the gym. Rock climbs at Glasshouse all the spare time he can, weather permitting. Summer will be beach - boogie boarding I'm sure, lol. Spends hardly anytime on xbox etc... Life is what you choose to make it, get out there and have FUN!!

Spot on in either country.

In the summer there is Nippers - Surf Life saving (simply fantastic), sailing, the beach, just about any sport you can imagine!

Winter, and it does get very cold, again lots of team sports for the kids and plenty of parks etc.

There is plenty of free stuff here too.

Make sure you join Mooloolaba Surf Club for Nippers - its great.

Archived