Shipping

J&T

Hi All,

We were just wondering, (out of curiosity) how many days elapsed between your furniture being shipped off and you flying out?

We were thinking of sending our furniture off end of July and flying out 2nd Spetember.

Jon & Trace

We had about 2-3 weeks both going to aus and coming back to the UK. We had family to stay with for the last few weeks before leaving both places. We did spend 2 nights in Aus without furniture and the missus said on the 2 day when I got home....right that's enough, lets go to your mum and dads, we packed up the car with what was remaining and got there about 9pm.

Where will you stay once your belongings go?

Hi All,

We were just wondering, (out of curiosity) how many days elapsed between your furniture being shipped off and you flying out?

We were thinking of sending our furniture off end of July and flying out 2nd Spetember.

Jon & Trace

My furniture left on 30th May but I'm not flying out until July 18th. The ship the container is on is due to arrive July 23rd so we should just get there before it.

Our container left 8wks before us as we had decided we would rough it in England and have our own stuff in Oz sooner.

We were lucky we could stay in our house till we flew out, and begged and borrowed stuff from friends & family to put us on.

Also didn't send over any white goods so had these till we sold them. It worked for us.

We had about 2-3 weeks both going to aus and coming back to the UK. We had family to stay with for the last few weeks before leaving both places. We did spend 2 nights in Aus without furniture and the missus said on the 2 day when I got home....right that's enough, lets go to your mum and dads, we packed up the car with what was remaining and got there about 9pm.

Where will you stay once your belongings go?

We've agreed to move in with Jon's parents until we fly out. They will be in Spain for 2 weeks anyway with our older 2 kids, so we'll have more space whilst they're away.

We're heading out to Perth on Tuesday and staying at my Grandad's for a week. He's happy for us to leave 2 suitcases at his house until we move, so taking sleeping bags, pillows etc so if we do end up with no furniture in Oz, at least we will be comfortable at night!

Archived