Help Required!!! ACS skills assessment

chethoo

Hi guyz,

Im a new member for this forum, please help me buddies...

Im really stuck up in preparing the documents and going forward to apply for my skills assessment.

Can you guyz please tell me what all document related to my experience is required.

anyhow i got to know that if we are not able to get reference letters from any of the companies we worked for, we can provide statutory declaration stating our previous company info, roles, skill set and other details.

Till now I hav worked in 3companies, Is it ok if I provide statutory declarations for all of these companies?

Thanks in advance.

Guest ronkhu

You are correct however along with a stat declaration from you, you need to provide reference letters on a stamp paper from your boss or anyone at higher position than you in the organization along with his business card and org structure diagram.

ACS wont accept if the reference letter is on a white paper.

Hi guyz,

Im a new member for this forum, please help me buddies...

Im really stuck up in preparing the documents and going forward to apply for my skills assessment.

Can you guyz please tell me what all document related to my experience is required.

anyhow i got to know that if we are not able to get reference letters from any of the companies we worked for, we can provide statutory declaration stating our previous company info, roles, skill set and other details.

Till now I hav worked in 3companies, Is it ok if I provide statutory declarations for all of these companies?

Thanks in advance.

Try to get references from your previous employers. It is the best way to get a quick ACS assesment.

If you can't get references from any of your previous employers it looks suspicious and you will need to compose a statutory declaration explaining when and where you worked and what you roles and responsibilities were. You will also need to explain in the declaration why you cannot provide references. In the absense of references you will also need to provide documentary evidence of your employments. Include as many of the following as possible to back up your claim,

* Letters of offer of employment

* Employment contracts

* Tax certificates displaying employers name

* Payslips containing employers name

If you do not initially provide lots and lots of evidencial employment and educational documentation your assesment will be delayed as the ACS look for more information from you.

Thank you guyz for such an early response and the info is very useful.

I have one more query, I have 4.7yrs of experience currently and I want to have atleast 5yrs to get 65 points for skilled independent visa.

Is it ok to apply for assessment now?

does the points test consider the experience at the time of assessment or while applying for Visa?

ACS will state how much experience you have this is for points advisory purposes only. DIAC will assess your work experience will be calculated at time of lodgement of your visa. But with the new system you need to do EOI, which you can update once you reach over the 5 years.

Guest jaycris

You need to be very clear about the roles and responsibilities if you use references... I had to redo the letter because it lacked some details.

You need to be very clear about the roles and responsibilities if you use references... I had to redo the letter because it lacked some details.

Clear in the sense, Mentioning Involved in requirement gathering process or Involved in Design and Implementation of modules is not enough?

Do we need to detail, how we were doing requirement gathering/ how we were doing designing and Implementation??

Put in as much detail as you can, including examples of projects you've worked on. A 1 liner saying involved in requirements gathering doesn't tell them anything - software users are involved in that as well as analysts & developers. ACS will assume nothing about your skills and experience, they will only go by what's in your documentation. I wrote my own reference to ensure it had the correct amount of technical detail in it, and asked my line manager to sign it for me....

Guest jaycris

It depends... what particular role are you eyeing? based on the response it seems like BA...

Go look at the ACS definition of a BA... ensure that you have covered most of what is written in the definition... of course, you need to have done those roles and responsibilities because they will probably confirm with your references (not sure if they called up mine)

Statuatory Declarations are useless, youll probably get nothing granted timewise against them, its a pretty strict process, they might even wonder why you cant even get 1 reference from an old employer.

thank you guyz for giving me some very useful info.

I worked in an unregistered company for 6mnths, im going to put this experience also, will it have any prob during the assessment?

I have offer and experience letter from this company.

Please suggest me.

• 8 months later...

Hi Jaycris,

What did you have to re-do?

What kind of details is needed?

I had a look at the reference letter example provided on the ACS website and it is very generic.

Does it need to be a lot more specific than that?

Thanks !

Hi Jaycris,

What did you have to re-do?

I had a look at the reference letter example provided on the ACS website and it is very generic.

Does it need to be a lot more specific than that?

Thanks !

What kind of details is needed?

your occupation

date of hire

date of last day

your duties and responsibilities

s/w or h/w tools you used to perform your everyday duties

your working days, working hours, any overtime?

pay/salary is irrelevant.

What kind of details is needed?your occupationdate of hiredate of last dayyour duties and responsibilitiess/w or h/w tools you used to perform your everyday dutiesyour working days, working hours, any overtime?pay/salary is irrelevant.

How do you know about h/w and s/w used?

It is not written anywhere on the acs website

Guyz Im done with my Assessment... I got positive results... I was able to Detailed experience reference letter from 2 companies and I added Stat Declaration for 2 comp, As mentioned by amandineFR, the reference letter given in ACS website is generic and it is more thn sufficient. I used the same format to get the reference letter from 2 companies. Regarding the Roles and Responsibilities be more descriptive, and make sure it aligns with the Job designation you selected from SOL. I got the result in just 1mnth. Make sure to include all the points mentioned by bubbe2005 in the reference letter.

All the best for everyone out here trying for assessment !!!:biggrin:

Archived