Move Cube - anyone used it?

johnboyW

You can read the trailer sizes on their website. There are 3 sizes so check the dimensions and then measure your sofa etc and see if it will fit.

ETA - Copied this from Goochie over in the other thread

As requested the cost for sending the MoveCube Door-to-Door service from Tamworth, UK to Perth, Australia is listed below:

a. Small MoveCube:

INTERNAL: Height 1.88m (74 inches); Width 1.11m (44 inches); Length 0.96m (38 inches) = 2m³ or 70 cubic feet or 15LBE

Price : £420.00 plus Destination Charges = AUD249.00

b. Medium MoveCube:

INTERNAL: Height 1.88m (74 inches); Width 1.45m (57 inches); Length 1.11m (43 inches) = 3m³ or 105 cubic feet or 23LBE

Price : £570.00 plus Destination Charges = AUD299.00

c. Large MoveCube:

INTERNAL: Height 1.88m (74 inches); Width 1.45m (57 inches); Length 2.27m (89 inches) = 6.20m³ or 218 cubic feet or 48LBE.

Price : £990.00 plus Destination Charges = AUD349.00

Our Prices Include:

• Customs and AQIS clearance (exclusive of any customs Tax and Duty or AQIS treatment charges if any)

• FREE Starter Pack: measuring tape (3m), tape dispenser (basic) with 1 roll of tape, knife, black pen

• FREE initial delivery of Starter Pack & other requested packing material including the loan of:

§ Arranging UK parking permits if the MoveCube is parked in the street

§ Traffic cones to mark off an area to park the MoveCube

§ A trolley to move your belongings from your address to the MoveCube

• FREE initial delivery & collection of the MoveCube from your UK address

• FREE initial delivery & collection of the MoveCube from your Australia address

• FREE pre-notified time slot for deliveries & collections, depending on area

• FREE storage for ONE MONTH prior to shipment overseas

• NO HIDDEN CHARGES guarantee at the destination, see below for details

• Price freeze GUARANTEE, if you place your order within 7 days of the date on this quote then from the date of your deposit being paid we will freeze the transportation and shipping rates for 60 days or until your shipment is collected and invoiced whichever is the earlier

Heres the quote in a similair fashion albeit Queensland (Sunshine Coast)

We would like to thank you for your enquiry and your interests in our new MoveCube service.

As requested the cost for sending the MoveCube Door-to-Door service from Heywood, UK to Queensland 4557 , Australia is listed below:

a. Small MoveCube:

INTERNAL: Height 1.88m (74 inches); Width 1.11m (44 inches); Length 0.96m (38 inches) = 2m³ or 70 cubic feet or 15LBE

Price : £420.00 plus Destination Charges = AUD249.00 and Onwards Carriage Charge of AUD120.00

b. Medium MoveCube:

INTERNAL: Height 1.88m (74 inches); Width 1.45m (57 inches); Length 1.11m (43 inches) = 3m³ or 105 cubic feet or 23LBE

Price : £570.00 plus Destination Charges = AUD299.00 and Onwards Carriage Charge of AUD120.00

c. Large MoveCube:

INTERNAL: Height 1.88m (74 inches); Width 1.45m (57 inches); Length 2.27m (89 inches) = 6.20m³ or 218 cubic feet or 48LBE.

Price : £990.00 plus Destination Charges = AUD349.00 and Onwards Carriage Charge of AUD120.00

Our Prices Include:

• Customs clearance (exclusive of any customs Tax and Duty if any)

• FREE Starter Pack: measuring tape (3m), tape dispenser (basic) with 1 roll of tape, knife, black pen

• Initial delivery of Starter Pack & other requested packing material including the loan of:

 Arranging UK parking permits if the MoveCube is parked in the street (Exclusive any fee for parking permit collected by local council)

 Traffic cones to mark off an area to park the MoveCube

 A trolley to move your belongings from your address to the MoveCube

• Initial delivery & collection of the MoveCube from your UK address

• Initial delivery & collection of the MoveCube from your Australia address

• FREE pre-notified time slot for deliveries & collections, depending on area

• FREE storage for ONE MONTH prior to shipment overseas

• NO HIDDEN CHARGES guarantee at the destination, see below for details

• Price freeze GUARANTEE, if you place your order within 7 days of the date on this quote then from the date of your deposit being paid we will freeze the transportation and shipping rates for 60 days or until your shipment is collected and invoiced whichever is the earlier

Our insurance cover for the MoveCube service is available as an option. Please find below more information on the insurance cover we offer

Hope this helps also. Thankyou.

Another update!

Our movecube has cleared custome in Melbourne with no fees to pay on top of the standard inspection charges. This despite the not-very-well concealed brand new small kitchen appliances, vacuum cleaner and TV all in their original brand new packaging.

Its now heading over to us here in WA by road.

The local handling agent will call us to arrange a delivery time.

• 4 weeks later...

Final update on our movecube experience.

Our cube turned up on Monday and the very friendly driver even helped us unload it. Having spent an hour loading it in the UK we got it all out in under 20 minutes and into the house.

Customs and quarantine had inspected a few of the boxes, but those we knew they'd look at (xmas decs, bikes etc.) were placed right at the door to make their life easy. Boxes that were marked DVDs, books, Photos etc. weren't opened.

Nothing was damaged and they put everything back perfectly despite it being tightly packed when it left the UK.

I diddnt pay for damage insurance, instead I made sure everything was well packaged.

Nothing was broken and I cant fault the whole MoveCube experience.

I would use it again without hesitation.

Do MoveCube provide any cardboard boxes for packing?

I'm sure I've read somewhere that the boxes used for packing have to be quite new.

I still have boxes from when I last moved house about 10 years ago, so not sure if they are OK to use for shipping.

Movecube sounds good - although I have had some very competative quotes.

Ive read you get a started pack but this does not include boxes.

Has anyone else thought off using movecube and what did you eventually opt for?

* Oh.,., Do you ahve to pay Tax on new items? Say the odd one like a child tricycle / microwave? etc??? Just wondering?

We have also used the MoveCube. As we're not shipping furniture (but everything else in our 2 bed flat!) we opted for the small one. It was surprisingly large and we fit everything in easily. As others have mentioned, the cost was also £420 + $249 AQIS fees for London-Brisbane. Obviously I can't speak for how good the overall service is - ask me in 90 days when it's all arrived hopefully safely! - but so far I've been really, really impressed. The customer service has been excellent, both from the office and from the drivers. We've had 2 visits now -once to do the initial recce, give us our bubble wrap and all the forms etc, and once for the actual move itself. Both times the drivers couldn't have been more pleasant and bang on time. Today the chap came, dropped the trailer off, explained how everything worked, drove off and then about 2 1/2 hours later gave me a ring to say he was on his way back now and to give us an hour's warning to finish it all off. So about 3 1/2 hours in total which was enough to pack up the small cube as we'd more or less got everything sorted beforehand. I don't know whether you'd get more time for the larger sizes, if not I think you might struggle a bit to do it all in the time.

The people I've spoken to in the office couldn't have been more helpful, my main contact even ringing me at 5.30pm on Saturday just as she was about to clock off work to double check that I was OK with everything for Monday morning and whether I had any questions etc.

They do do packing materials for a small fee (about £3 per large box, they also do wardrobe boxes, tv boxes etc), we didn't opt for this and bought our own boxes off Amazon but no doubt the ones they sell are decent quality.

So far, I'd really recommend this company. Let's hope the good impression lasts all the way through the process eh!

• 4 months later...

Just to update on this - our MoveCube arrived safe and sound in February, I think I worked out that it took 84 days door to door. A couple of boxes had shifted a little bit during transit but that would have been down to our packing and the quality of boxes we used, but absolutely nothing was damaged and there were no signs of it having even been inspected by AQIS! The seven seas people this end were just as efficient, reliable, friendly and professional as the UK ones and I'm really, really impressed by it all. Would totally recommend them.

Just to update on this - our MoveCube arrived safe and sound in February, I think I worked out that it took 84 days door to door. A couple of boxes had shifted a little bit during transit but that would have been down to our packing and the quality of boxes we used, but absolutely nothing was damaged and there were no signs of it having even been inspected by AQIS! The seven seas people this end were just as efficient, reliable, friendly and professional as the UK ones and I'm really, really impressed by it all. Would totally recommend them.

thats good to hear, was the 84 days from the day it eft your house? I have just booked mine for 21st June now we have gone for a large cube append quite a good costs very helpful on the ohone

you say yours wasn't inspected, did you still,have to pay the fee? When didymium pay tthis seems most people have had a good experience

did you pack tv's in there and any mattresses? Not sure how to cover the mattresses as plastic sheets would make it sweat

Well - I WAS going to use 'Movecube' & thought it was a great idea - was all set to use the 'small' or 'medium' size after meticulous double checking of measurements....

Haven't quite finished packing yet - but mainly boxes & a few small items of furniture. Nothing big.....

Contacted company only to find that I have to get my things to Swindon as they don't operate any further west than that....

Also they don't go as far inland as Stanthorpe, Queensland.....only Brisbane.....

So - as I'm down in South Devon & would need to get my things to Swindon AND arrange further transport the other end it's not exactly a 'door-to-door' service for me....

I found the staff I spoke to helpful - but unsure - the person I spoke to needed to go & check her information frequently.....however she did ring back when she said she would....

So - disappointing for me....if you're in Devon or Cornwall it's a non-starter.....

Back to the drawing board.....of 'part-load-prices'......

No we didn't pack mattress or TVs so sorry, can't offer any advice on that! Yes we did have to pay the AQIS fee - I"m pretty sure that all gets scanned and whatnot but I meant there were no signs of our box having been opened. We paid it after it had landed in Oz. 84 days door to door!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

HI all. I have just moved from Melbourne back to the UK after 26 years and had a bunch of stuff I didn't want to go in individual boxes such as computers/monitors, record collection and collectables, a bicycle plus other bits. I got the 3 cubic meter CUBE which I packed myself mid August and arrived yesterday exactly how I packed it.

I have to say that SSWW have been brilliant. IMO the customer service experience was top notch. The communication both ways was clear verbally and paperwork wise.

The CUBE was delivered and picked up both ends without a hitch and the drivers were very helpful. I would highly recommend using them for the security of knowing all your stuff is one big wooden box, cost wise was great value and the helpful service.

Archived